The Management Trust
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Benefits Specialist – Tustin, CA
REPORTING TO: Senior Corporate Controller
SALARY: $40K - $50K DOE
The Management Trust, www.managementtrust.com, believes building a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It begins with the promise of integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee owned community management firm in the nation. We strive to create an environment that allows every Employee Owner the freedom to be their true and best self, the freedom to grow professionally, and personally, and the freedom to prosper emotionally, intellectually, and financially. However, with freedom comes great responsibility. We have made a significant investment in our training, equipment, and culture. By inviting our Employee Owners to become equity partners, we expect a lot in return ~ your active participation in growing our business. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore our Ownership Opportunities and how your unique gifts and talents will be cultivated and allowed to flourish. We currently serve six states (AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, WA) and are rapidly growing.
The Human Resources Benefits Specialist/Systems Analyst is the primary contact in the overall coordination, compilation, analysis, and reporting of Employee Benefits Plans across multiple states/divisions. Develop and manage effective relationships with customers, third party administrators, and consultants, as well as internal and external auditors. Supports the decision-making process for the companywide HR Benefits plan and collaborates with finance for overall benefits issues, strategy, and accurate billing information. They will educate employees on eligibility, provisions, and other matters related to benefits; maintain benefit records and documents; and assist in the preparation of benefits communications. Instruction
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree or certification with three to five years’ related experience in benefits administration required.
- Must be willing to obtain HIPPA certification if not already active.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of benefit plans and contract language.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word and Excel are required.
- Successful track record as a Benefits Administrator with a positive reputation as a relationship builder.
- Familiarity with federal and state regulations, reporting, and compliance requirements regarding employee benefit programs.
- Competent in accounting/billing math and manipulation of large Excel databases.
- The administration of HSA account enrollment and the reconciliation of changes to accounts to employee withholdings and TMT contributions (twice a month).
- Assists employees and/or third party providers (as primary contact) in verifying eligibility, conveying information and resolving claims issues.
- Gathers strategic intelligence and advises executive staff on opportunities to improve employee benefits programs.
- Provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Assure timeliness and accuracy of required filings.
- Maintain confidentiality according to HIPPA compliance standards including maintenance of employee files and electronic records.
- Process enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiary designation, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, and hardship loans.
- Provide training and support to division management.
- Coordinate Leave of Absence Programs (i.e FMLA, Disability, etc.), insuring compliance with state and federal laws.
- Participate in rationalization and improvement of HR processes and procedures.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Manage various projects simultaneously.
- Maintains and administers the calendar of enrollment, reporting and compliance in regards to employee benefits.
- Review vendor billings for timeliness and accuracy.
- Apply payroll contributions and employer matches to roll forward off-ledger employee accounts on a bi-monthly basis; HSA, FSA, 401(k), and employee loans.
- Weekly and monthly reconciliation of company accounts to claims activity.
- Maintain synchronization between various databases. Research and account for any transaction discrepancies and handle appropriately. Propose improvements to the process as identified.
- Ability to support the tie-in to both the finance and accounting departments.
- Provide ad hoc reporting as requested.
The Management Trust - 9 months ago