Under direct supervision, the primary purpose of this position is to perform various administrative duties to support and coordinate a broad scope of human resources, training and safety functions at the plant level including employment, records management, regulatory compliance, compensation and benefits administration, performance management and related programs. Coordinates with site and corporate management to implement and monitor human resources, safety and training policies, procedures and programs in accordance with company policy and state and federal regulations.
· Evaluate, monitor and continuously improve and / or recommend new human resources policies and procedures.
· Assists with Human Resources, safety and training projects and implementation as necessary or directed.
· Assists with the talent acquisition process to achieve required staffing levels. Partner with HR Manager and Hiring managers to implement recruitment strategies, assist with Job Fairs and develop and maintain relationships with local employment resources.
· Coordinate with corporate training, EHS and site human resources management to monitor and ensure implementation of safety policies, procedures and regulations including OSHA compliance training, accident investigations and root cause analysis, inspections, recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
· Liaison with corporate training to expedite and facilitate implementation of employee training programs and initiatives including computer based training systems. Assist with the identification and cost effective utilization of training resources and programs tailored to meet organizational needs.
· Assists the Human Resources Manager in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned in accordance with the principles and overall objectives of the organization as follows:
o Recruitment and Selection
o Promotions and Transfers
o Employee training
o Affirmative Action/EEO Compliance
o Job Classification
o Performance Evaluation
o Employee Relations
o Benefits Administration
o Employee Health & Wellness
o HRIS Administration
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required or four (4) years of Human Resources, safety and training experience demonstrating knowledge of specialized principles or techniques equivalent to those that would be normally obtained through a formal four-year college/university academic program; or an in-depth specialized training program directly related to the type of work being performed will be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
· Three (3) + years of progressively responsible human resources, training and safety experience required.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must be able to communicate with employees at all levels including Corporate Office.
· Strong computer skills; strong proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience in HR database software such as Ceridian, ADP, or PeopleSoft desirable.
· PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
· Bilingual preferred but not required.
· Familiar with adult education principles and practices.
· Strong working knowledge of state and federal employment / safety laws and regulations.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Completes projects in the most cost-efficient manner.
· Responsible for managing projects with little to no supervision.
· Coaches and assists HR peers as necessary.
· Acts as a back-up for HR staff as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
· Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to operate a computer and keyboard with accuracy and efficiency.
· Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
· Car/air travel required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
Flanders Corporation - 15 months ago
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...