This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department as clerical and technical. Must be able to prioritize and multiple task in a fast-paced environment. Self-starter, able to seek out work. Flexible work hours. Will be working with highly confidential and proprietary information.
Ability to deal pleasantly, patiently, and effectively with customers and co-workers. Strong communication skills with the capacity to make independent decisions. Must possess previous experience using a computer, and have excellent organizational skills.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide all facets of administrative support to Human Resources Department, including but not limited to, document preparation, filing, and organization of records
- Answer and forward all incoming calls including HR option 5
- Enter all new hires into ADP and create new employee files
- Verify employment
- Investigate employee relations issues and maintain confidentiality
- Assist and relieve Receptionist position as necessary
- File disciplinary action in employee files
- Assist with recruiting process
- Coordinate and communicate for upcoming events and roll outs
- Order yearly labor law posters for warehouses
- Assist with projects and HR team meetings
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to details of work, handling them with better-than-average accuracy and with careful attention to the quality of work.
- Work in a fast paced environment and change “gears” numerous times during the day
- Accurate data entry skills and ability to type and compose letters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficient with use of computer and software applications including MSWord, MSExcel, RecoverCare on-line software, and MSOutlook.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and sometime complex instructions, short and long correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple and complex correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- College intern or comparable experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb and descend stairs, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.