At Amazon, we’re not just looking for people who want to be part of a business, we’re searching for people who want to build businesses. The Operations organization and the people who work in it are critical to Amazon's success. Every day we face unique supply chain challenges that involve millions of unique products and tens of millions of customers. Amazon has a robust and innovative Human Resources business that is essential to our day-to-day operations. This is your opportunity to support our Operations staff and impact people’s online experiences all over the world.
The Human Resources Assistant Intern (HRA Intern) will support the HR Business Partner and Manager at the one of Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers (FC). As an HRA Intern, you have the opportunity to get exposure to all areas of HR with some areas of focus including: benefits and compensation issues, leave of absences, performance management, wage/hour issues, assist with recruitment and retention activities. The HRA Intern is a leadership pipeline to our future positions at Amazon, so we are looking for high caliber individuals excited about a career in HR. If you want to be involved in creating the future of online retail, and are dynamic, organized, and a self-starter, join our Operations Team as a HRA Intern.
Must be Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
This position would have responsibility in various Human Resources disciplines including but not limited to the following:
- Recruiting and Selection: Manage on-site transfers, promotions, and hourly hiring from posting, selection, recruiting system management, and on-boarding
- Employee Relations: Promote positive employee relations through survey management, roundtable facilitation, employee recognition projects and systems
- Data Analytics: Produce and analyze reports to assist with labor planning and management. Utilize HRIS systems for data entry, modification, and reporting
- Compensation/Payroll: Ensure payroll accuracy through audits, reporting, and proactive measures.
- Compliance: Provide policy expertise to clients, manage site drug testing program, ensure pre and post-hire requirements are completed
- Performance Management: Assist client groups with weekly and yearly performance management systems and tools ensuring complete and timely delivery
Program Quick Facts:
Term: 10 weeks
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
Hours: You will be working a 4-day, 10 hour shift or a 5-day, 8 hour shift depending on your location. This could include a weekend day
Locations: Amazon’s Fulfillment network spans dozens of facilities in the United States, Asia and Europe. Our US facilities are Nationwide. For a full list of locations, visit amazon.com/universityfulfillment.
- Students must be of Sophomore or Junior status working toward their undergraduate degree
- Flexible to travel as needed up to 80%
- Working towards degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills; accuracy is essential
- Previous experience with Payroll Systems, HRIS a plus
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues
Amazon’s Fulfillment network spans dozens of facilities in the United States, Asia and Europe. Our US facilities are Nationwide. Plus we’ll help you get there with full relocation assistance. For a full list of locations, visit amazon.com/universityfulfillment.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Amazon.com - 8 months ago