and Job Summary
We’re auditioning for authentic, outgoing and passionate personalities to fill the role of Human Resource Coordinator. In this position you will be in contact with our greatest asset - our talent. There is incredible growth opportunity in this position for someone who is flexible, intuitive, creative, and passionate about human resources.
Create and maintain filing systems. Create and type office correspondence. Distribute and route mail. Order and track Human Resources office supplies and forms. Answer phone calls and record messages. Create new employee personnel file. Assist walk-in candidates with application procedures. Respond to questions, requests, and concerns from employees and management regarding company and Human Resources programs, policies and guidelines. Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the division or property. Maintain confidentiality and security of employee and property records, files, and information. Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files .
Policies and Procedures
• Follow company and department policies and procedures.
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
• Post all necessary legal or regulatory notices related to Human Resources in view of all employees as required by law.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest, internal and external, with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
• Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
• Prepare and review written documents including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Assist management in screening resumes, conducting interviews and selecting new hourly hires using selection tools and systems.
Working with Others
• Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
• Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
• Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
• Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
• Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
• Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
• Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Communications and Relations
• Respond to questions, requests, and concerns from employees and management regarding company and Human Resources programs, policies and guidelines.
• Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the division or property.
• Serve as Human Resources representative and subject matter expert on project teams and committees.
Hiring - New Employees
• Create new employee personnel file.
• Monitor all hiring and recruitment processes for compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and company policies and standards.
• Assist employees with internal and external transfer requests and procedures.
• Monitor and assist managers/supervisors with hiring processes and issues.
• Coordinate and conduct applicant reference checks, background checks, motor vehicle checks, and social security number verification in accordance with company procedures.
• Maintain applicant flow, orientation and transfer request logs.
• Communicate to all applicants receiving a job offer the necessary documentation required to bring on first day of employment in order to complete I-9 employment verification forms.
• Create new hire associate files and enter them into The Source. Ensure accurate maintenance of all files and associate information.
• Assist with orientation of new employees.
• Maintain confidentiality and security of employee and property records, files, and information.
• Answer phone calls and record messages.
• Create and maintain filing systems.
• Create and type office correspondence using computer.
• Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files
• Minimum 1-2 years of Human Resources administrative experience is preferred (4-star hotel, or life-style brand hotel experience is a plus)
• Bachelors degree in human resources or related area preferred; High school diploma or GED equivalent required
• English language proficiency required; bilingual in Spanish preferred
• Familiarity with Federal and California Employment Law
• Strong computer skills including intermediate or above knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and directly.
• Track record of working collaboratively with others to achieve desired results.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and serve as an advisor and trusted confidant to the leadership team of the hotel
• Ability to produce creative and effective communication for the staff about hotel updates, activities and news.
• Ability to work a varied schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours, based on business needs
An Equal Opportunity Employer