Human Resources Coordinator [ADMU-12]
American Civil Liberties Union Human Resources Department, NY
For more than 92 years, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has been at the forefront of virtually every major battle for civil liberties and equal justice in this country. Principled and nonpartisan, the ACLU has offices in all 50 states, Washington, DC and Puerto Rico, and brings together the country's largest team of public interest lawyers, lobbyists, communication strategists and members and activists in the advancement of equality, fairness, and freedom, especially for the most vulnerable in our society.
The Human Resources Department of the ACLU's National Office in New York City is seeking a full-time Human Resources (HR) Coordinator .
The HR Coordinator supports the Human Resources Director and Human Resources Manager by managing schedules, maintaining the physical appearance of the office, coordinating departmental and other meetings; and acting as the first point of contact for routing general inquiries about Human Resources policies and procedures.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the offices of the Human Resources Director and the Human Resources Manager with a particular focus on organization and office aesthetics. Provide a welcoming environment for all staff and outside guests.
- Manage the calendars and schedules for the HR Director and HR Manager; assist with meeting preparation, and conduct post meeting follow-up to ensure action items are addressed in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings, take minutes and distribute minutes to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Plan events and coordinate logistics including making room reservations, preparing agendas, assembling other necessary materials; and handling catering needs, when required.
- Act as the gatekeeper and liaison between the HR Director and staff.
- Draft, proofread and edit reports, correspondence and confidential documents.
- Update and maintain accuracy of organizational charts.
- Assist in tracking the progress of tasks and projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate and schedule compulsory and voluntary HR related meetings and trainings for all ACLU staff.
- Respond to phone and e-mail inquiries, route inquiries as appropriate.
- Review and prioritize inquires and escalate as needed to the attention of the HR Director and/or the HR Manager.
- Conduct research on HR-related and other topics and present findings as requested.
- Communicate with staff in a timely and professional manner.
- Screen and distribute departmental mail. Oversee companywide distribution of HR information and communication pieces, as needed.
- Assist with maintaining the accuracy of departmental budgets. Prepare expense reports, and liaise with accounting department on reconciliation of monthly expenses.
- Handle travel arrangements.
- Run errands.
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Create and maintain extensive filing system to ensure easy access to information and records.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Punctuality, professionalism and a consistently positive attitude.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of managers and take proactive measures to provide support.
- Heavy calendar management skills including the coordination of multiple calendars, schedules, meetings and projects.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think analytically, and to quickly and clearly synthesize information.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, and demonstrate good judgment in a high pressure environment.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and changing deadlines, in an efficient manner.
- Ability to take initiative and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in a highly confidential environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and to demonstrate grace under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as OrgChart or similar software.
- Professional organizing experience is a plus.
- Notary public or interest in obtaining a Notary license is desired.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems is a plus.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the ACLU.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in providing direct daily support for multiple managers in a fast paced environment.
- Experience as a personal assistant in a professional office environment is preferred.
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
idealist.org - 10 months ago