Summit Polymers, Inc. is a world-class Tier One and Tier Two automotive supplier of plastic injection molded interior trim, specializing in the design, prototype and production of instrument panel, console components and mechanical assemblies for kinetic parts. Summit is a privately held company with roughly 2000 employees at 9 manufacturing sites, with plants in SW Michigan, Kentucky, Mexico, and China; plus a Technical Center in Kalamazoo, MI and Sales and Engineering office in Dearborn, MI. Among Summit's customer base are Toyota, Ford, and GM. Summit's track record of profitability and success is a direct result of commitment to superior product development using set-based engineering, lean manufacturing, and technological leadership. A high-energy staff is dedicated to the quality, the urgency, and the low cost that is imperative to survival in today's global automotive economy.
Summit offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and disability insurance; generous 401(k), flexible spending options, relocation consideration, tuition reimbursement, and flexible schedules; plus progressive career advancement for high performers. Applicants must include salary requirements and/or history to be considered. Summit is unable to sponsor any additional F1, TN or H1B Visas at this time. This position requires you to be able to meet our pre-employment testing standards and complete all post-hire training expectations.
The HR Coordinator – Employment is responsible administrative work involving internal and external contacts on behalf of the company for the recruiting function.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the following major tasks:
- Assist Human Resources Manager with recruiting for corporate employees per established processes.
- Utilize all appropriate documents, forms, and tools for recruiting process.
- Utilize Internet, employee referrals, advertising, career fairs and direct recruiting to source candidate resumes.
- Responsible for updating, tracking, and disseminating company Open Positions Report.
- Responsible for monthly Quality Hiring Survey report.
- Responsible for Source of Hire report.
- Administrative duties such as copying and tracking resumes, filing, creating Welcome Aboard announcements, maintaining copies of recruiting materials in files, mail, scoring tests, sending letters to candidates not selected, and preparing purchase requisitions.
- Create and disseminate Tech Center Job Notifications
- Maintain confidential candidate and recruiting information.
- Data entry for Candidate Tracking system.
- Contacts, screens, and presents potentially qualified candidates for interview.
- Performs value-added recruiting activities such as scheduling and/or conducting testing, travel arrangements/accommodations, and coordination of interviewing schedules.
- Performs follow-up on candidates with hiring managers, Human Resources Managers, and others as needed.
- Completes reference checking process, and prepares and sends signed offer letters to candidates.
- Demonstrates Teamwork by helping with other’s candidates, interviews, and reference checks.
- Ensures that all employee information is kept confidential and secure.
- 4 year Human Resources or Business degree and one year of experience; or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with broad spectrum of people.
- Possess the ability to gather and analyze information and make decisions from a limited number of choices.
- Must meet minimum testing requirements and agree to complete all post-hire required training.
Summit Polymers, Inc. - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -