From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
The Human Resources Coordinator works closely with the Divisional Human Resources Generalist and/or Manager to provide day-to-day HR support within the operation. The primary functions of this position include implementation and coordination of policies and programs, covering a wide variety of employment, compensation, benefits, training, safety and health topics. Responsibilities have emphasis on employee relations.
Employee and Labor Relations
• Partners with Divisional Human Resources Manager with investigations regarding harassment and workplace concerns
• Creates disciplinary actions as needed, assists managers in issuance of disciplinary actions
• Helps employees, supervisors and managers settle work-related conflicts through advice and recommendation
• Provides advice to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy, and employment laws
• Assist the Divisional Human Resources Manager with regards to compensation, benefits and recruiting Employee Support
• Partnering with Corporate benefits department to assist employees with benefits questions
• Provides information and is responsible for approval of all company and government regulated leaves of absence
• Communicate and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all employees
• May assist the Divisional Human Resources Manager and/or Generalist with the Workers’
Compensation program Recruiting, Orientation, and Retention
• Assists with conducting interviews and New Employee Orientation
• Conducts exit interviews and provides management feedback regarding divisional culture and employee relations issues.
• Assists the Divisional Human Resources Manager and/or Generalist in conducting divisional town hall meetings to solicit feedback and ideas from field employees Government and Company
• Compiles monthly reports measuring unemployment, and leave of absence towards divisional goals
• Responsible for maintaining and updating employee personnel, training and medical files
• Complies with and enforces all policies and procedures Compliance
• Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
• Ensures and inspects paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
• Responsible for escalating concerns regarding questionable paperwork to appropriate management.
• BA or BS in Human Resources Management or similar field of study preferred
• PHR certification preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience required, with a focus on Employee Relations/Labor Relations preferred.
• Experience in healthcare related industry preferred
• Union experience required specific to location
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources Management and supervision, union experience specific to location
• Ability to prepare written reports and correspondences
• Applicable knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws, labor laws, governmental compliance requirements, and immigration laws
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
• Travel requirement specific to divisional assignment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 18 months ago