Assistant Chief Executive Officer Heartland Regional Medical Center
Heartland Regional Medical Center (HRMC), a 92-bed, full-service facility, is located in the heart of southern Illinois on Illinois Route 13, two miles west of Interstate 57 in Marion. HRMC opened in December, 2002 and is the first new hospital in southern Illinois in more than forty years. Heartland Regional has over 140 physicians in 35 specialties on staff. HRMC offers advanced diagnostic imaging and radiology services including MRI, 64-slice CT, nuclear medicine studies, PET scanning, angiography, and cardiopulmonary testing including cardiac catheterization. In addition, HRMC offers expanded tertiary services including open-heart surgery, orthopedic spine surgery, and a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery in OB.
As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the Assistant Chief Executive Officer (ACEO) will participate in operational decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital.
The responsibilities of the ACEO include, but are not limited to:
This position reports directly to the CEO and in the absence of the CEO, the ACEO may be required to interpret hospital policy and provide guidance.
- Completion of specific administrative projects, certain assigned functions and departments as assigned by key hospital management
- Assisting with or fully coordinating facility and program planning budget preparation, administering hospital policy formulation
- Representing the hospital at various professional, civic and governmental organizations and meetings.
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital; taking a role in the recruiting and retention of physicians
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure the hospital meets necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to create an environment that will encourage the recruiting and retention of qualified hospital employees
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Assisting in planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Assisting in managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's financial and nursing officers
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
In most cases, the Assistant CEO
Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited institution
Master of Healthcare Administration or MBA with Healthcare concentration degree also required.
Minimum 2 years recent hospital experience in a managerial position
Experience in physician relations or recruitment helpful
Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
Must have proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, hospital staff and community
Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters
Must have knowledge of technical and professional skills management, general principles of human resource management, labor relations and hospital economics
IL-Marion (Southern Illinois)
Heartland Regional Medical Center
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week
Community Health Systems - 17 months ago