Argo Group US currently has a challenging opportunity for an HR Generalist located in San Antonio, Texas . This individual will proactively partner with designated business units for recruitment, employee relations, management & employee coaching/counseling and training / development needs. This position will support multiple geographically dispersed business units requiring up to 25% travel. This enthusiastic, self-motivated individual will be part of a fast paced, high performing HR team.
- Ensures all human resources programs, activities and actions are administered in compliance with federal, state and local regulations as well as company policy and practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation.
- Heavy recruitment activity including search, interviews, background checks, references and other employment related activities.
- Responds to employee questions related to payroll, benefits, employee leaves/FMLA, complaints, workers compensation, harassment allegations, and career development needs.
- Collaborates with managers at various levels to identify, analyze, and develop strategies to address employee related issues.
- Assists in preparing and monitoring HR, Training and Facilities budgets/expenses.
- Develops recruitment strategies for all positions; provides orientation of new hires.
- Coordinates, assist with or provides various company related training initiatives.
- Administrative and HRIS systems duties are regularly required in order to perform this position.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of Human Resources Generalist-related experience with an emphasis on recruitment, performance management, and employee relations are a must.
- Multi-state or multi-site experience preferred
- Corporate/subsidiary experience a plus
- A high level of integrity to handle complex structure with sensitive and confidential situations and documents.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to coach managers and employees through both simple and complex issues while complying with state and federal regulations, as well as company guidelines and practices.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, additional experience with HRIS platforms is also necessary.
- Travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- SPHR preferred
Argo Group - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, Argo Group International Holdings Ltd is a leading global underwriter of speciality insurance and...