Perform general human resources support to employees in the areas of compensation, benefits, and performance management. Serve as institutional expert on employee health, welfare and retirement benefit plans and programs including all leaves of absence and miscellaneous benefits. Act as liaison between employee and benefit providers/vendors to resolve any issues and ensure effective utilization of plans and maintenance of positive employee relations. Coordinate with IT and Accounting as needed to provide departmental support in all areas of data management/ HRIS system including benefits, compensation and departmental budget to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all records and reporting. Provide support to the Director in planning and executing the performance management and annual compensation review process as well as the ongoing evaluation of new and/or existing positions.
1) Administer all benefit plans and programs including design and promotion of wellness initiatives; process all enrollments and terminations and required documents with providers and payroll to ensure accurate records and deductions; complete analysis of comparison and survey data and employee utilization of current benefit plans to assist in development of specific recommendations for management review. Ensure plans are administered in accordance with plan provisions and federal and state regulations.
2) Process all provider billings, reviewing for accuracy before advancing for payment; resolve discrepancies as needed; generate reports as scheduled and/or requested
3) Conduct annual open enrollment and new hire benefits orientations educating on provisions to ensure informed individual decisions on election of benefits; resolve employee issues with services and/or claims, escalating appropriately to Director for assistance with resolution
4) Serve as primary relationship manager for all benefit plan and/or compensation providers/vendors; recommend improvements to existing programs/strategies and investigate new benefit programs; ensure all job evaluations are completed in timely manner; provide analytical and technical support to ensure effective delivery of benefit and compensation programs including market analysis updates and annual performance merit compensation calculations
5) Coordinate with IT and Accounting as needed to provide departmental support in all areas of data management including benefits, compensation and departmental budget to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all records and reporting
7) Assist in the development of department goals, objectives and systems including evaluation of outcomes; recommend new approaches, policies and procedures in support of efficiencies and service excellence; lead special projects related to departmental plans
8) Perform other duties as assigned
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics:
• Ability to relate to all levels of employees
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven presentation skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to problem solve, analyze and interpret information to create reports and make decisions
• Ability to model excellent customer service orientation
Education/Degree: B.S./B.A.in Human Resources or related field OR equivalent / Master degree a plus.
Certification: SPHR and/or PHR preferred; some CEBS coursework a plus
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of general HR experience with emphasis on benefits and compensation activities; knowledge of employee data management to ensure federal and state regulatory compliance specific to benefits (i.e. COBRA , HIPAA , FMLA ); proven experience with utilization of proprietary data management/ HRIS systems; proficient in Microsoft Office
NEOMED - 17 months ago