POSITION: Human Resources Generalist
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
LOCATION: Sioux City, IA
A leading manufacturer of steel transmission and utility
structures (towers, poles, etc.) has an immediate
opening for a Human Resources Generalist at the
company’s manufacturing facility located in Sioux City,
IA. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager at this
facility, the Human Resources Generalist will be
responsible to perform the following duties:
· Leading recruiting efforts including posting ads,
contacting placement agencies, reviewing resumes,
screening and interviewing candidates and administering
the related AAP records.
· Preparing correspondence for applicants and processing
new-hire paperwork on a local and national level.
· Providing functional leadership and support in the
areas of human resources administration, employee
relations, performance management and training.
· Acting as a point of contact to management and staff
in ensuring compliance with company policies and
procedures through both day to day contact and by
providing training and development such as New Hire
Orientation and Performance Management.
· Conducting exit processes.
· Acting as a support to field management by providing
coaching and guidance in the areas of performance
management and disciplinary actions and conducting
· Ensuring data integrity and compliance with company
policies, labor regulations, and routing reporting and
audits. Reviews and updates employee rules and
· Maintaining the HRIS employee database.
· Coordinating employee safety, welfare and wellness.
· Maintaining knowledge of legal requirements and
government reporting regulations affecting HR functions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent,
along with 2-3 years recent experience in the Human
· Demonstrated abilities in the areas of training
(including web-based), recruiting, hiring, employment
law, employee relations, and investigations.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills, be
detail oriented with the ability to submit a
comprehensive Affirmative Action Plan, along with the
aptitude to bring creative and innovative ideas to a
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and
be service oriented with proven professionalism in
exercising a high degree of confidentiality.
· PHR Certification and experience using HRIS systems
Salary of $60,000 or higher depending on background and
experience, plus up to 10 percent performance bonus and
full benefit package. Local candidates preferred.