Human Resources Generalist - SAP Implementation
Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We are the No. 1 rolled products producer in Europe and South America, and the No. 2 producer in both North America and Asia.
Novelis is also the world leader in the recycling of used aluminum beverage cans. Annually, we recycle around 40 billion used beverage cans - enough to circle the earth more than 100 times.
Novelis is globally positioned, operating in 11 countries with approximately 11,600 employees. The company reported revenue of $11.1 billion in its 2013 fiscal year.
The incumbent will serve as the primary Human Resource Partner for the Novelis 2.0 project lead who directly manages the entire Novelis 2.0 initiative. S/he will work with leadership and staff across all of Novelis 2.0 in both a strategic/consultative capacity as well as tactical capacity to drive the employee dimensions of Novelis’ business strategy.
The role will have a focus on the Novelis 2.0 project. The incumbent will be responsible for driving cultural and organizational changes within the Novelis 2.0 project. Additionally, s/he will be key to the development of governance and management structures that extend across all of Novelis 2.0. S/he will be the key liaison with Novelis Inc, regional HR departments and legislative branches with respect to shared HR policies, procedures, legal compliance and accepted practices for Novelis 2.0.
The HR Manager will be key to helping Novelis 2.0 work within a highly matrixed, globalized project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary HR point of contact with assigned client group with responsibility to strategically and proactively recommend, customize and implement effective Human Resources solutions to business issues and initiatives.
- Effectively partner with other Human Resource and related functions – L&D, Recruiting, Compensation, HRIS, Benefits, and Legal – to advance the company’s mission, values and business strategies.
- Serve as a bridge between client group and other HR functions.
- Proactively share client business knowledge with other HR functions.
- Demonstrates “skill and will” to defer to HR subject matter experts as needed.
- Act as a change agent to further business goals.
- Leverage and engage global HR partners in support of matrixed organizations
- Ensure compliance with Novelis Inc hiring practices related to approvals and job banding for new and replacement positions
- Manage the hiring process, including working with other members of the management team to determine the most appropriate sourcing strategy, interview team and decision-making processes. Play a key role in the interview and candidate selection processes, including participation in final hiring decisions and setting of base compensation.
- Partner with the executives for the groups supported in terms of assessing internal talent and determining the appropriate resourcing strategy.
- Facilitate international assignment process.
- Consult with regional HR directors regarding terms, conditions and transition.
- Discuss terms and conditions with employee and be a sounding board and/or provide advice for personal matters.
- Coordinate smooth implementation of terms and conditions.
- Serve as the group resource for matters relating to immigration, expatriate compensation, taxation and multi-country pension and social security issues. Facilitate repatriation at end of assignment.
- Take action in the event of concerns regarding general work environment, morale and other employee issues, address interpersonal conflicts between subordinates and their supervisors, provide counsel for personal issues and be a confidential and unbiased sounding board for work-related issues.
- Prepare employee communications as necessary.
- Provide qualified opinions and guidance/direction on daily HR matters.
- Oversee annual salary planning, payroll transactions (signing authority at approver level), and Annual Incentive Plan
- Provide budget information to controller and resolve accounting-related issues (intercompany charges, charges to be paid by employee and/or company)
- Use authority to ensure supervisors are accountable for their roles such as completing Poornata effectively and timely, monitoring work hours, making responsible travel approvals, EHS responsibilities, etc.
- Be the contact for band 7+ initiatives (Job evaluations, AIP communications etc.)
- 5-8 Years of HR Generalist experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree is required, advanced degrees are highly desired.
- Experience working in a global environment or supporting a global project is required.
- Experience managing and executing on a global mobility program is very desirable.
- Ability to speak/read languages other than English is very desirable.
- Ability and willingness to work in a time frame that meets project needs is essential.
- Strong communication skills are required, there will be a high level of visibility and interaction with executives both internal and external to Novelis.
US-Georgia-3560 Lenox Rd Suite 2000 Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Novelis - 2 years ago