Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, assists the Director in managing the Human Resources department and its responsibilities and functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assists Director in planning, organizing, and carrying out various HR initiatives and programs, such as but not limited to salary administration; benefits, including wellness programs; risk management and safety; training, etc.
2. Handles recruitment for employees, works with various recruitment sources to find suitable candidates; and develops and maintains job descriptions.
3. Handles employee relations, including fact-finding, interviewing, investigating, counseling, documenting, and determining resolution and works with the department managers and/or supervisors to ensure resolution and documentation.
4. Provides HR advice, resources and assistance to employees and managers.
5. Handles all audits by outside vendors and government agencies and assures that the company is in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations concerning personnel.
6. Conducts orientation for new hires and provides benefit education to employees.
7. Assures that all compliance training is conducted on a timely basis; and researches and recommends other training initiatives as needed.
8. Conducts exit interviews; evaluates, and recommends improvement for employee retention.
1. Acts as backup for HR Director, when Director is not available, and also provides backup for the HR Assistant, as needed.
2. Assists in training and developing HR Assistant.
3. Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vacation, and Sick Leave
- 10 plus years of HR generalist experience
- 5 years of management experience
- 5 years of HR experience in Hawaii
- Experience in working with board of directors
- Well versed on Hawaii Employment Laws
Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size that makes us different, it’s our...