Walden Security is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our Atlanta, GA office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Branch General Manager or the VP of Human Resources.
- Participates in companywide Human Resources initiatives and projects; assists with implementations at the Branch Operations level;
- Partners with Branch Operations management to identify hiring and training needs;
- Maintains applicant flow and sourcing methods; sources hourly candidates for the Branch Operations including placing advertisements, attending career fairs, directing sourcing, and job posting both internally and externally;
- Interviews and hires qualified hourly candidates for the Branch Operations through phone and in-person interviews, pre-employment tests, drug screens, applicant background checks, filing and obtaining required licensing and other documentation;
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to ensure quality training of organizational policies, procedures and culture; schedules Initial Security Officer Training (ISOT) and Pre-Assignment Training for new hire personnel; assists the Branch General Manager in administering additional branch training as needed;
- Creates and enters new employee personnel information into the HRIS;
- Maintains the Branch Operations uniform inventory; orders and issues uniforms to new employees and replaces uniforms for active employees;
- Assists in orientation to benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leaves of absence, and employee assistance;
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations, as well as company policies and procedures;
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues; drafts counseling documents and participates in disciplinary procedures.
- Keeps records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, separations/terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting. Records and tracks EEO data relative to new employee applicant flow data; Maintains new applications as specified by the EEO Administrator;
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment with the VP of Human Resources;
- Responds to inquiries regarding personnel policies, procedures, and programs;
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations;
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover;
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations;
- Maintains Branch Operations personnel, training and medical files;
- Participates in company Quality Assurance initiatives, including record keeping, training and auditing.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience in human resources management
Education: Bachelors Degree in human resouces or related field preferred
Certificates and/or Licenses: PHR certification preferred
Computer Skills: Proficient in human resources systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Qualifications: Experience in high volume recruiting and employee relations
Walden Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Walden Security - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Walden Security is something of a right-hand man -- or in this case, woman -- to businesses and government. Majority owned and operated by...