Responsible for assisting GM Human Resources with implementing and coordinating programs covering, but not limited to the following: employment, wage and salary administration, health and welfare benefits, recruiting, employee relations, employee training, payroll administration and immigration. Provide advice and counsel to managers, supervisors, and employees as to Corporate Human Resources policies and procedures and employee matters
- Ensures that company employment, safety, benefits, labor relations, personnel, immigration and equal opportunity policies and practices comply with the applicable provisions of Canadian laws, including the maintenance of necessary files, etc.
- Administration of employee benefits. Assist with annual plan reviews and recommend applicable changes.
- Administration of salary and hourly payroll including payroll accounting duties
- Assists in updating employees of all changes in personnel policies; counsels with employees on personnel policies and personal issues. Assists in the solutions and appropriate adjustments to complaints received from management personnel and employees.
- Recruitment - assuring that properly qualified candidates are recruited and hired for company positions.
- Coordinates and participates with company management in disciplinary and termination proceedings involving employees.
- Develops and supervises training programs, and personally participates in new-employee orientation and indoctrination programs when required.
- Recommends employee-training programs to enhance and direct maximum effectiveness of employees.
- Coordinate and assist management with employee appraisals and reviews to assure evaluation of employee performance.
- Manages exempt and/or non-exempt employees in HR department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages a human resources department, overseeing administration of hiring, retention, termination, personnel records, legal compliance, compensation, employee benefits and supports immigration.
Requirements: Good reasoning abilities and good judgment used in conjunction with an assertive/persuasive attitude. Resourceful and well organized. Hands-on, multi-tasked, and able to thrive in a fast paced, diverse cultural environment. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, while recognizing and supporting the organization’s preferences and priorities. Results, people and service oriented, with ability to balance other business considerations. High energy level; comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day to day activities. Superior interpersonal abilities including well developed oral and written communication skills. Ability to work well with diverse personalities: tactful, mature, and flexible. Advanced excel skills. Ability to gather and generate reports. Ability to easily adjust to cultural interpretation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or actual working knowledge equivalent.
Experience : Five to eight years working knowledge experience in Human Resources Management, Canada. Prefer generalist background with expert knowledge of employment laws and regulations, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development. Well-developed administrative skills. Strong management skills with both principles and people. Experienced working with multiple divisions.
Work Environment: Diverse employee base. Fast pace. Frequent interruptions. Occasional travel required.
Yokogawa Corporation of America - 13 months ago
Yokogawa Electric really knows how to measure up. The company is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation and control systems...