This is a great opportunity for a highly qualified, self-motivated individual to put their human resources and management experience and skills into practice in a dynamic environment providing program management support for CASS programs in multiple locations across the Central California region. The incumbent will work closely with the CASS Human Resources Director and local management personnel for project hiring, compliance, staff training, performance appraisal and employee discipline. Extensive regional travel will be required.
This is a full time, management position with medical benefits and retirement plan (457 deferred compensation plan). A vehicle will be provided. The salary for this position is $65,000 - $72,000 depending upon qualifications and experience.
Under general direction of the Human Resources Director, the Regional Manager is responsible for carrying out human resources functions required of CASS in an assigned geographic area. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Carry out hiring activities in the assigned geographical area in consultation with the Human Resources Director.
2. Conduct the employee orientation program within the assigned geographical area to ensure that new CASS employees understand their responsibilities, rights and benefits.
3. Assist in developing, maintaining and presenting an ongoing safety training program to enhance the ability of employees to work in a safe manner in a safe environment.
4. Perform investigations and make recommendations to the Human Resources Director on action to be taken when employees are suspected of violating CASS policies as enumerated in the Employee Handbook.
5. Assist in preparing responses to inquiries made by the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, Equal Employment Opportunities Commission, State Labor Commission or other agencies that may contact CASS for information or response to employment related issues.
6. Represent CASS at the various locations CASS employees are assigned to work and ensure regular communication is taking place with our clients and with our employees.
7. Evaluate existing programs in assigned area and make recommendations for improvement or change to meet present or future needs.
8. Administer the employee evaluation program within the assigned geographical area.
9. Facilitate the timely reporting of industrial accidents and illnesses within the assigned geographical area.
The duties of this position are primarily conducted at the various locations that serve as headquarters assignments for CASS seasonal, temporary or full time staff. The incumbent in the position will be provided and equipped with standard office equipment. Frequent travel within the assigned geographical area is required. Ideally this candidate will be located in the Fresno or Visalia area.
A bachelor’s degree is required. A minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources management is required. The incumbent in this position must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships; work well under pressure; work independently; and work cooperatively with other staff members in completing assigned work and meeting required deadlines.
The incumbent in this position will be required, with or without reasonable accommodation, to operate standard office equipment including a desktop computer using a keyboard and mouse, printers, fax and copy machines; operate a telephone or cell phone; employ repetitive arm and wrist motions; operate a motor vehicle; occasionally bend, stoop, twist, reach; and, occasionally lift office files or supply boxes of up to twenty pounds.