Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
Direct and Coordinate all Human Resources activities of the DC. Oversee all people department associates within the Distribution Center.
• Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for the Distribution Center.
• Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites position descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys; monitors performance evaluation program
• Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; performs benefit administration to include; claims reporting, change reporting, associate training, and coordination of open enrollment.
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel. Conducts new associate orientation; monitors career patching, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in operational meetings.
• Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvement in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Provide ongoing training, coaching, guidance, and instruction for Department Managers, supervisors and associates.
• Motivates and mentors Department Managers in areas of skill development and associate relations.
• Communicate required policy revisions, company updates, and process revisions in a professional manner.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Upholds, supports, and maintains company safety standards at all times.
• Counsel managers, supervisors and associates violating safety policies.
• Handles potential safety violations/hazards to ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
• Coordinate Associate Morale building functions
• Special projects as assigned by DC People Director, General Manager and SSG
Must have 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 23 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...