The Human Resources Manager (HRM) aligns business objectives with employees and management, overseeing the successful implementation, tracking, and reporting of all human resource outcomes for the company including on-boarding, employee development & training, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and exit processes.
This position is up to date on all employment laws and regulations and examines the company’s policies to be sure they are adhering to the intent of these documents. The Human Resources Manager relates to individuals at all levels within the organization and is sensitive to confidential corporate, business, and employee needs.
Human Resources Management
- Create efficiency in Quarterly Business Reviews for department heads through automation and standardized reporting methods.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and procedures and resolving work-related problems.
- In conjunction with VP, coach, counsel and guide managers with employee relations matters.
- Ensure proper documentation is issued on employees who are not meeting expectations.
- Conduct exit- interviews and report on findings.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed, on personnel matters.
- Develop, review and revise policies and procedures.
- Conduct workplace investigations, as needed.
- Carry out termination procedures including preparation and explanation of employee severance agreements.
- Install HRIS system.
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports for Management that summarize key company metrics- cultural (performance- 90 day, 6 month and annual, etc.) and corporate (recruitment, turnover, demographics-age/wage, etc.) via ATS and HRIS systems.
- Compile and track staff Personal, Professional and Financial goals.
- Prepare, recommend, and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data.
On-boarding, Training and Development
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining all employee files in conjunction with legal requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance, monitoring and updating I-9 Employment Eligibility.
- Report, maintain and monitor all Worker’s Compensation Case files; follow-up on open cases.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Exercises confidentiality to ensure compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Monitor and close out terminated employee files.
- Facilitates the design, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the On-Boarding, Training and Rewards and Recognition programs.
- Partner with departmental leaders to identify performance gaps and design solutions, such as: coaching, mentoring, training, development, and teambuilding.
- Manages the performance management process, including process design, material design, development, and training and data reporting.
- Integrates instruments, surveys and assessments to assist individual and groups with plans to enhance performance.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Works with VP HR to plan and implement strategic planning and leadership development opportunities according to corporate strategic planning schedule.
- Establishes and maintains good public relations
- Practices good safety habits
- Maintains the integrity of confidential personnel information
- Performs all other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Must possess Bachelor’s degree in Management, Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field.
- Three to five or more years experience in human resources or organizational development.
- Competency models, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skill in organization, planning, problem solving, decision making, communication, project management and effective management of resources budget guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong administrative and data management skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Optimism, “the glass half full” mentality
- A resilient, flexible and nimble personality a must
Audigy Group - 17 months ago