The Human Resources Manager is responsible for driving the strategic and tactical aspects of Human Resources for Publicis Selling Solutions, and partnering with the senior management team. The role oversees all facets of HR including employee relations, performance management processes, executive and staff development processes, recruiting and training, compensation and incentive programs, and compliance with all governmental regulations. Maintains relationships with other Human Resources professionals across PHCG to ensure best practices & resource utilization. Interacts closely with clients Human Resources counterparts to maintain relationship and to ensure effectiveness of deliverables.
• Partner with HR Director and senior management to implement HR strategies in support of business goals and objectives.
• Manages effective employee relations program for all employees. Provides training, coaching and support to managers and staff on a broad variety of issues. Ensures compliance with government regulations and Company policies.
• Acts as strategic consultant on industry trends, the competitive environment, regulatory issues and internal compliance requirements. Researches legal issues to ensure that Company policies and procedures are compliant with Federal and State laws. Works with internal/external legal counsel.
• Manages performance management processes which support effective employee performance. Provides counsel to management on various performance and behavioral issues, as well as downsizing and termination decisions.
• Conducts talent reviews to determine bench strength and weakness. Ensures business unit has required talent for both current and future needs.
• Assists with management of annual and variable compensation program. Manages and communicates annual review/increase process, and tracks all reviews. Conducts salary surveys and researches market conditions to ensure internal and external equity.
• Prepares, recommends, and maintains records and procedures for controlling and reporting HR transactions and employee data changes. Handles maintenance of HR files.
• Serves as EEO/AA specialist, ensuring policies and procedures are in compliance for all programs, process, and individual actions.
• Troubleshoots various employee issues in a wide variety of areas including payroll, benefits and STD.
• Positively impacts employee morale and welfare by assisting with the management of functions such as awards and recognition events.
Knowledge/ Skills Required:
Ability to think strategically and create effective partnerships with executive team, managers and staff.
Demonstrated record of developing programs to support business goals.
Experience in fast-paced professional services environment for employers with 150+ headcount, multi- industry experience preferred;
Strong knowledge and experience creating and implementing strategic Human Resources initiatives;
Demonstrated experience in practical application of all HR disciplines including recruitment, leadership development, organizational design and compensation;
Advanced level of understanding of HR policies, procedures, and fundamentals of U.S. employment law;
Strong business partnership and influencing skills; able to establish a high level of trust and credibility in the organization;
Strong leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively give feedback and coaching;
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels of management and personnel both internally and externally (encompasses verbal, written, listening);
Ability to work autonomously;
Ability to nurture and work in fast paced, highly matrixed organization, strong emphasis on team building through training, coaching and mentoring;
Understanding of business operations and process management; ability to organize people and activities, drive for results and identify synergies;
Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks;
Exceptional project and time management skills, flexibility to manage multiple priorities in high volume environment;
Strong business acumen and analytical skills;
Strong presentation skills
Strong computer skills, PC with experience in Windows NT, Excel, PowerPoint and other applicable software.
Minimum 5 years of progressive HR management experience with increasing responsibilities.
Master's degree in related field preferred.