A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
Fulfillment of the operational and tactical aspects of Human Resources services specializing on those related to the hiring process and services for part-time/adjunct instructor employees via planning, processing, tracking, analyzing, reporting, and problem-solving/troubleshooting.
Serves as primary specialist for the overall hiring process to include recruitment, affirmative action planning/analysis and new hire processing.
Serves as primary specialist in providing support and services related to revised/updated employment-related documentation for PT and/or Adjunct employees. This position is responsible for maintaining and applying a contemporary working knowledge of FLSA, Wyoming Wage & Hour, ADA, FMLA, DHS, ICE, COBRA, ERISA, as well as College-specific practices, procedures, policy, etc.; preparing recommendations of classification, title and compensation for part-time positions; utilizing appropriate methods to determine employee FLSA classification; conducting research and special projects on HR-related topics as assigned; respond to and work toward the resolution of employee concerns and complaints as appropriate.
Benefits: Approximately 85% of health insurance premiums paid by the College, the College will contribute 13.19% of the employee's salary towards their retirement fund, 21 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 15 paid holidays annually. Typically 5-7 paid holidays from Christmas to New Year's Day. For full listing of benefits, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Compensation: Low to mid $40,000s.
Priority Screening Date: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by April 23, 2014.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome
I. Hiring Process Administration:
• Ensuring contemporary knowledge of hiring process practices and related regulations.
• Develops and implements active recruitment strategies to build quality pools of candidates.
• Develops and maintains professional relationships with various agencies as a source to generate qualified applicants.
• develops and implements passive recruitment strategies.
• Works collaboratively with hiring managers/supervisors as the subject matter expert on hiring.
• Prepares and places advertising in response to verified hiring needs.
• Provides professional level oversight regarding applicant tracking processes.
• Determine the suitability of the applicant for employment.
• Educates hiring managers and screening committees regarding best practices in hiring including legal interviewing strategies, determining strong and objective decision-making criteria for quality, legal hiring decisions.
• Serves as primary contact point for background checking processes throughout the hiring processes; acts as liaison with such services providers and ensures compliance with all applicable regulations (e.g., FCRA, employee privacy, EEOC, etc.), conducts initial interpretations of background reports received, and maintains any generated reports and records with appropriate confidentiality.
• Assist with the development of policies and programs to attract, retain, and promote a diverse work force for the organization which may include acting as the subject matter expert with regard to affirmative action planning, as well as revising and updating affirmative action plan initiatives.
• Researches, analyzes, prepares and reports statistics related to hiring and recruitment activities.
• Primary processing of billings from recruitment efforts.
II. Part-time and Adjunct Instructor Employee Service/Support:
• Responding to inquiries from internal and external employees/customers regarding various aspects of current and/or potential part-time/adjunct employment with the College.
• Serve as the subject matter expert in ensuring maintenance and regular updating of appropriate employment-related documentation.
• Partnering with other HR team members to conduct full and complete annual audits of HR –related records in accordance with the HR records management plan.
• Partner with other HR team members to work with various customers to gather information regarding hiring needs for PT/Adjunct positions.
• Ensure effective on-boarding of all PT/Adjunct hires.
• Maintain working knowledgebase of all College policies/procedures relating to employment.
• Ensure separation processing is completed for PT/Adjuncts.
III. HR Team Service & Support:
• Providing basic interpretation of various HR-related regulations, policies, procedures, practices in small-groups and one-on-one.
• Training cross-functionally with other members of the HR team to ensure service coverage.
• Participating in the development and selection of various technology services, modules, etc. appropriate to current and forecasted needs of the HR area.
• Effectively utilizing various communication channels to best accomplish essential functions of the position.
• Support organizational efforts to provide positive internal/external member service.
• Conducting research and special projects on HR-related topics as assigned.
• May participate in the resolution of employee concerns and complaints as appropriate.
• Participate in various special projects.
• Presenting in various groups regarding PT/Adjunct employment with the College. May be a primary presenter in sessions throughout the year.
Other tasks may be assigned based on contemporary institutional need.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, psychology, business management, business administration, or related field.
- Two years of experience working in an employment-related role.
- Contemporary working knowledge and understanding of general human resource policies and laws.
- Experience working directly with employee hiring strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.