Fortress Investment Group is a leading global alternative investment and asset management firm that raises, invests, and manages private equity funds and hedge funds. The Firm manages capital for a diverse group of investors that includes pension funds, endowments, foundations, financial institutions, investment funds, and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1998, Fortress is headquartered in New York and has affiliates with offices around the world. Fortress has approximately $51.5 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2012.
The Fortress summer internship program is a nine-week program that provides talented students with the opportunity to work with experienced professionals, obtain insight into the work and culture of the Firm as a whole, build marketable skills, and gain exposure to the financial services industry. Summer interns will be exposed to the daily flow of business and will have the opportunity to contribute as valued members of the particular business group to which they are assigned. The summer program will include a series of educational seminars to allow interns to learn about other areas of the Firm, as well as a formal review process to provide them with feedback on their performance.
As a Summer Intern you will have the opportunity to utilize your strong Excel skills and project management skills to assist the HR department. You will gain a broad exposure to the inner workings of a fast-paced, dynamic, global HR department. Intern responsibilities will include any or all of the following:
Human Resources Intern – Compensation and Generalist support:
- Assist with analyzing large spreadsheets of confidential compensation information
- Learn about allocating and analyzing complex compensation structures
- Work with a variety of HRIS systems, including Workday and Decusoft
- Create reporting within HRIS systems for the teams to utilize
- Assist in implementing a firm-wide time and attendance program
- Assist benefits with paperwork and files
- Ad hoc and daily tasks as assigned
We look for people with a passion for excellence and a desire to be challenged as well as:
- An undergraduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.3
- An interest in Human Resources
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications; programming and database experience is a plus
- Attention to detail and solid written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work in an extremely confidential environment
In order to be considered for a position, all candidates must include their GPA.