We are currently seeking 2 individuals for 2 Plant Engineer positions who will support Praxair's North American Industrial Gases (NAIG) Hydrogen and Carbon Monoxide (HyCO) facilities in Port Arthur, TX, and Sulphur, LA. The successful candidate will report to the Sabine Enclave Senior Engineer.
The Plant Engineer will provide day-to-day technical support with emphasis on plant improvements, process safety, and process consistency. The plant engineer will interface with various functional teams including Safety & Environmental Services (S&ES), Maintenance, Reliability, Project Engineering, Process Controls, Process Safety, as well as operating teams at other HyCO facilities in the US.
The Plant Engineer must be willing to travel to other locations throughout the US as necessitated by business needs, however one position will be for the Port Arthur, TX, facilities at Motiva and Valero and the second position will be for the Sulphur, LA, and PPG facilities.
Key responsibilities will include:
1. Provide process safety stewardship in areas of operating procedures, operating/technical manuals, critical safety systems, management of change, pre-startup safety reviews, process hazards analysis, incident investigations, audits and assessments, alert compliance, operations training, alarm management, P&ID updates, and action item follow-up.
2. Assist plant operations with basic personnel safety fundamentals including safety meeting participation, ACMS compliance, HWC, HWP and CSE functions based upon experience.
3. Champion and promote a strong safety culture.
4. Assist in the development and delivery of process safety training.
5. Provide technical expertise to plant operations and maintenance technicians.
6. Troubleshoot equipment problems and implement solutions.
7. Propose and execute small capital projects.
8. Assist Reliability Engineering with cross functional projects.
9. Lead or participate in incident investigations (RCA / RCI).
10. Assist plant operations with EAM compliance.
11. Lead or participate in productivity initiatives including Six Sigma and Cost Reduction.
12. Lead or participate in cross functional teams.
13. Monitor plant efficiency, KPI's, and catalyst health.
14. Conduct equipment analyses and pressure drop surveys as needed.
15. Support continuous improvement initiatives.
16. Support plant startups and provide as-needed support for plant turnaround planning and execution.
17. Participate in reviews of and maintain a working knowledge of Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP's), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Site-specific Operating Procedures (SSOP's), and Engineering Standards.
18. Assist with the migration of best practices and consistency initiatives across plants, regions and business units.
Where your talent makes an impact.
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
B.S. or M.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum 1 year in an engineering role (preferably at a manufacturing facility) or successful completion of Praxair HyTOP or LTOP programs.
Must have strong technical skills.
Must have a positive attitude, be willing to quickly adapt to changing situations, have strong communications skills, and a strong will to build and maintain productive relationships across departmental lines.
Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently as well as to lead and participate on cross-functional teams.
Must be able to manage multiple priorities, drive issues to completion, and obtain results.
Must be detail-oriented with an ability and desire to persevere.
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Must be able and willing to travel to assigned facilities within the region, other facilities within the region, and also make occasional trips to other domestic regions and office locations. Travel outside of the region is normally not expected to exceed 25%.
Must be willing to carry a laptop computer and cell phone for occasional use during off hours.
Must be able and willing to adapt to a work schedule that coincides with plant operational needs. Must also be able and willing to work for extended periods of time in an operating plant under various environmental conditions. Must also be able and willing to work inside of confined spaces and at elevated levels.
Number of Openings
N American Industrial Gas
Praxair - 23 months ago
Praxair makes lighter than air and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial gas...