The Hydroelectric Facility Operator is responsible for the operation and maintenance of our hydroelectric power plant facilities. Rotating, on-call responsibilities may be part of this position.
This is a Non-Exempt position. The person in this position reports to the Operations Supervisor.
EGPNA Expectation of Employee:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures
- Promotes a culture of safety
- Communicates within the company in a professional, respectful manner
- Acts as a role model of our Code of Ethics policy
- Performs duties as workload necessities
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets department productivity standards
- Daily operation of power plant equipment including daily logs, preventive maintenance tasks, and reporting requirements
- Periodic preventive maintenance and inspection of plant equipment and facilities
- Participate in major and minor facility repairs and upgrades. Aid in budget preparation.
- Coordinate, schedule and participate with subcontractors, equipment service work, inspections and overhaul activities as required.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, and regulatory safety standards and procedures
- Demonstrated mechanical and/or electrical skills as applied to turbines, generators, large diesel engines, compressors, pumps, motors, valves and related equipment and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Knowledge of operation of power plant systems and equipment, principles of rotating equipment, and appropriate safety procedures
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to respond to emergency calls
- Ability to solve practical problems and provide applicable solutions.
- Must be able to work independently in areas of expertise
- Ability to frequently climb ladders and enter confined spaces; climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds from the floor to the waist
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This could include, working in extreme heat or extreme cold conditions.
If interested please email resume to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com with Ware Shoals in the subject line and salary requirements
Enel - 11 months ago