The Technical Specialist of the Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine, under the supervision of the Department Manager will assume responsibility for the safe and effective operation of the compression chamber system and supporting components. He/she will maintain a safe environment for all patients and members of the hyperbaric team during compression chamber operations and be thoroughly familiar with all department operational/emergency policies. He/she will work closely with and advise the hyperbaric physician in regards to safe chamber operations in all situations. He/She will also accompany patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen treatments in the chamber, delivering care appropriate to his/her level of training and in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
The Technical Specialist will routinely perform bedside wound care under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Clinical duties will include dressing changes, negative pressure wound therapy, strapping, whirlpool, assisting with total contact casting, staging patients and vital signs.
Staff in this job category are responsible for consideration and development issues of patients in each of the following age groups identified:
Toddlers (1-3 yrs)
Preschool (3-5 yrs)
School Child (5-12 yrs)
Adolescent (12-18 yrs)
Young Adult (18-44 yrs)
Middle Age (45-65 yrs)
Older Adult (65 yrs and over)
1. Specific documented training and/or experience in emergency medicine or
acute medical care, preferably in a clinical hyperbaric medicine facility.
2. Certification as a Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT) within two years of hire
3. Specific documented training and/or experience in compression chamber
operations including a demonstrated knowledge of decompression tables is
4. Demonstrates leadership, communication, and teaching skills.
5. Possesses an interest in the self-development of his/her role in a health
6. Demonstrates ability to perform behaviors as outlined in the Position
7. Possesses ability to physically meet the working conditions required of
8. BLS certification required at hire date.
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
Welcome to Conroe Regional Medical Center, where high-quality care meets the comfort and convenience of a hospital close to home. We have...