Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants located primarily in the Permian Basin, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana regions.
Targa is currently seeking a I/E Technician for their facility located in Eunice, NM.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
This position will have shared responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep on all instrumentation and electrical equipment associated with plant processing equipment including but not limited to exchangers, pumps, fans, pipe, meters and other equipment. Duties include:
· Troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, tune, configure and install electronic I/P converters, positioners, transmitters etc.
· Install, maintain, and program GE plc, Allen Bradley plc, and Wonder ware HMI systems.
· Troubleshoot, repair, and install compressor panel boards.
· Install and maintain process control and data gathering systems.
· Attend safety meetings and work safely.
· Review and organize material inventory by examining stock to verify conformance to specification; count and sort incoming articles, compile reports on inventory and recommend to supervision ordering of replacement and additions.
· Diagnose routine and non-routine equipment malfunction by observing operation, listening, and using diagnostic equipment to locate causes of trouble.
· Train co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
· Recognize danger signals from equipment indicating a need for emergency procedures, which include the shutdown of equipment.
· Read and prepare piping and instrumentation diagrams (P.&I.D.).
Minimum Essential Qualifications
· Knowledge of PSM and mechanical drawings, maintenance records, maintenance procedures, equipment drawings, and maintenance manuals.
· Knowledge of all safety aspects of electrical troubleshooting and maintenance, including compliance with OSHA 1910.
· Working knowledge of diagnostic tools used on the I&E equipment mentioned above.
· Advanced computer skills (Excel, Access, Word) and networking experience.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Valid driver license required.
· Must be able to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
· Must be able to work in close quarters, work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
· Must be able to work in a self-directed work team.
· Associate's degree in instrumentation / electrical technology or equivalent experience (5 years) maintaining instrumentation and electrical systems typically utilized in natural gas processing.
· Has a good understanding of utilizing horsepower and compression.
· Able to troubleshoot equipment failures.
· Plant Operation experience
· Completion of advanced mechanical training or certificates, or equivalent experience (2+ years) maintaining compressor, engine and related equipment.
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.