Primary Objective: To test/calibrate and maintain EXCO’s gas/liquid measurement meters and collection of gas/fluid samples according to all regulations. Install and do maintenance on Automation, Measurement, SCADA, and Safety equipment.
Major Functions and Scope:
· Install/troubleshoot various automation, electronic, electrical, and communication equipment.
· Test/Calibrate automation, measurement, and safety equipment.
· Ability to witness third party calibrations, maintain good relationships with land owners, contractors, and service entities.
· Collect gas/liquid samples.
· Follows all safety and EHS policies, along with all local, state, and federal guidelines/standards.
· Technical data entry.
· Documenting and filing of calibration/testing documents.
· Perform required maintenance on equipment.
· Willingness to assist and train less experienced technicians.
· Observes and reports all abnormal, dangerous, and damaged conditions pertaining to meters and well location areas.
Education and Knowledge: HS diploma or equivalent required, technical degree or certification preferred. Valid state driver’s license required.
Experience: I/M Technician, typically requiring 1 to 8 years’ experience. Position requires an individual who is knowledgeable in the use, monitoring, and repair of various meters used in measuring the flow of natural gas/crude oil products.
Competencies: Must possess math skills and computer skills. Ability to travel to various work site locations throughout the workday. Ability to operate hand tools and equipment and follow established procedures. Working knowledge of gas and liquid measurement, pressure transducers, radios, and SCADA/automation equipment. Requires some knowledge of DC voltage and DC current. Ability to work in a team environment. Good communication skills both written and verbal.
EXCO Resources - 23 months ago