Qualcomm is the world leader in wireless ICs powering the majority of 3G & 4G devices, is the largest fabless semiconductor in the world, and is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For." This is a Physical Implementation position in the Input/Output (I/O) design team working on delivering quality low power I/O IP in state of art CMOS technology nodes for Qualcomm's advanced mobile baseband & consumer products. Join QCT's IP team in designing and implementing I/Os for Qualcomm's next generation modem system chipsets. The team is responsible for the complete design lifecycle, from system-level concept to tape out and post-silicon support, of advanced digital and mixed-signal ASIC designs in advanced CMOS processes.
- Mixed Signal transistor level floorplanning, verification and simulation of I/Os in 28nm, 20nm and beyond, including FinFET.
- Work with circuit, layout, packaging and system engineers to meet design specifications.
- Work closely with modeling & characterization team to provide models
- Good understanding of related CMOS process technology issues in 28nm and smaller considering LDE (layout dependent effect) at transistor level.
- Good knowledge in placement of sensitive circuits considering matching, resistance, capacitance loads and shielding, etc.
- Experienced in transistor level floorplanning, physical implementation, post_layout extraction verification and debug.
- Familiarity with Power/Ground Bus structure/connection of IOs and their impact to circuit performance, IR drop and Electromigration.
- Familiarity with LEF, DEF, ERC, LVS, DRC and understanding of top level integration and verification flow.
- Experience/skills in the following areas are highly valued: SKILL, PERL & TCL scripting.
- Proficient user of Cadence Design Tools, Synchronicity Library Manager, and Calibre Verification tools.
- Proven successful track record as a team player with an engineering team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams in multiple locations
- Possess accountability and ownership.
- Familiarity with FinFET is a plus.
Required: Bachelor's in Computer or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master's in Computer or Electrical Engineering
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services...