The Western Sugar Cooperative was formed in 2002 and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Cooperative has 1,400 grower-owners proudly raising sugar beets in Colorado, Montana, Nebraska and Wyoming. Processing facilities operated by the Cooperative produce retail and restaurant sugar packets and bags, as well as supply sugar to confectioners and other food manufacturers. The Cooperative also markets sugar beet by-products of beet pulp, high-energy molasses and other feeds for livestock.
The position requires a dynamic, self-motivated individual to direct, establish, plan, and administer the overall policies, growth, and strategic direction of the organization's Information Technology Department.
The director will evaluate organizational department requirements, establishes technology priorities, and systems design executing to develop new and/or modify the company's information processing systems - all with the objective of using technology to establish accurate/ timely information with effective control processes and business environments; focusing on shareholder returns through delivering quality sugar as a low cost producer and supplier to Company customers. The incumbent will be in charge of directing, planning and managing all I.T. related projects and operations. This position requires an individual who is a logical thinker, capable of multitasking, and detail-oriented being hands on as required. The network director must also be an effective communicator having excellent written, oral, and communication. The incumbent must be willing to travel to factory locations as determined necessary.
This Denver, Colorado (Corporate) position reports to the Chief Financial Officer in developing and executing I.T. strategies.
- Analyze the environment and develop business project plans as well as recommendations to improve the current network infrastructure
- Responsible for successful architecture and administration of the network systems
- Project manage all network related design, implementations, and modifications
- Serve as the primary liaison for the overall integration of programs and processes within departments and IT
- Oversee all IT-related purchasing (vendor negotiations), staffing, and budget usage; work with CFO to develop budgets.
- Serve as primary contact for all network related security, back-ups, and administration
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks and assist with all troubleshooting
- Support end users on all hardware/software related issues
- Perform installation configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of server, workstation and laptop hardware, software, and peripheral devices
- Research and develop department policies and procedures based on best practices and long term-planning
- Understand all business critical 3rd party and proprietary Western Sugar applications
- Proprietary Accounting, Inventory, and Laboratory applications
- Formulate long term migration, blueprint, and upgrade plans for all business critical applications
- Provide end user support for all business critical 3rd party applications.
Preferred Technical Proficiency in following areas:
- Microsoft SQL Server 7 thru 2008
- Microsoft Exchange Server thru 2010
- Microsoft Project & Project Server
- All Microsoft Office Applications including Access and Visio from 2003 – 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005-2008, SourceSafe
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Cisco, switches, routers and ASA firewall
- Wyse thin client
- AUDIX voicemail
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
Education and Experience:
- Various backup tools including Backup Exec with Encryption and Tapeware
- Ghost Server and Rapport (Wyse) Imaging Systems.
- Powershell scripting
- Internet Information Systems
- Electronic Data Interface (Gentran, Lexicom)
- VM View/Citrix Xen Desktop/Citrix (Secure Gateway, Web Interface, Presentation Server, Conferencing Manager, Citrix Advanced Access Gateway)
- VMWare thru VI 5.0, GSX & ESX Server
- SAP ECC 6.0
Requires a minimum of a Bachelors degree in computer science or computer information systems, ten years relevant professional experience may substitute for a degree. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Professional ( MCP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), A+ Certifications would be an asset. Possession of a Network Administration Certificate is preferred. Must have in-depth knowledge of Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 server, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012, Microsoft Exchange 2003-2010, Microsoft SharePoint and Team Server.
Past experience in a management role and documented leadership skills are required. Telecommunications experience with VoIP is a plus. Project management experience and knowledge in the use of project management tools is required. Extensive experience in administration and management of Local and Wide Area Network computing environments is required. Must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills and be comfortable talking with people at all levels internally and externally to the Company.
SAP project management, functional, and technical experience is highly valued. Experience in finance and controlling (FI/CO), Materials Management (MM), Plant Maintenance (PM), Sales and Distribution (SD), and Project Systems (PS) modules. Proven experience in working in an SAP environment is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
CareerBuilder - 9 months ago