Summary of Job Requirements:
Secret Clearance required
(based in Colorado Springs)
Security Engineer will interface directly with product line project engineering teams to develop system security requirements and design solutions. The Security Engineer also works with SENSOR Program-Level engineering groups to ensure product line Information Assurance (IA) efforts are synchronized with program goals and National Industrial Security Program and Air Force Instructions on Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation. Candidate must possess solid verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will have participated in the full engineering lifecycle for delivered IA solutions as well as AN/FPS-85-2 Eglin Radar System applicable engineering experience.
• Interact with engineering teams and customer to identify IA problems, analysis methods, and solution concepts for all phases of the engineering lifecycle.
• Develop and review product line project engineering designs to ensure (1) IA compliance and (2) a level of general engineering rigor appropriate for each project's current lifecycle phase.
• Develop and maintain long-term product line approaches for the ongoing prevention and resolution of identified IA deficiencies.
• Analyze, perform, and document vulnerability attacks on classified computer systems and networks to ensure that the security controls in place provide the required protection, and where necessary, amend the security controls.
• Support and run Gold Disc and Retina scans
• Maintain familiarity with radar and communication systems technologies, with a focus on IA implementation strategies.
• Provide security engineering methodology, System lock down and technical approach.
• Identify IA problems, analysis methods, and solution concepts for all phases of the engineering lifecycle.
• Formulates IA requirements and analysis, develops and formalizes hardware designs into systems, schematics, and ICDs.
• Develop a design based on the requirements and associated architectures allocated to the subsystem level. Design activities may include design analyses, modeling, simulations, drawing development, and bread boarding or prototyping activities.
• Support successful system integration which relies on the timely identification, management and verification of system interface requirements and design.
• Support an effective validation and verification process which ensures that systems developed by EXELIS and associate contractors comply with customer requirements and baselined system requirements.
• Maintain security compliance for the SPA and associated test equipment
• Travel to sensor sites and other locations as required in support of assigned tasks.
Background and skills to accomplish tasks in Job Description
Security + (IAM I) or higher certification is required.
Education & Experience:
BA/BS degree in a technical or engineering field plus6 yrs of related experience, or an
MS degree plus 4 yrs related experience, or comprehensive military training or completion of a civilian technical school program with at least 12 yrs of related experience.
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies - 14 months ago