Immunology Sales Specialists
have direct responsibility for presenting our immunology products to an audience of medical professionals specializing in the area of inflammatory disorders. They will be required to demonstrate an excellence in developing and applying business processes that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives.
Major Accountabilities include:
Identify opportunities and take action to building strategic working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Meet established sales goals
- Implement all phases of Sales and Marketing plan objectives
- Clearly understand goals of Company sales and marketing plans and attain sales objectives for assigned products on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis. Attain sales objectives for represented products on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Analyze data including business statistics and customer feedback that provides an information framework for the development of territory business plans.
- Create and maintain successful business partnerships with customers by meeting regularly with target health care professionals and staff within assigned territory to understand their needs as well as needs of patient.
- Develop individualized approaches using relevant product information to meet their identified needs and obtain commitments from target to prescribe UCB products.
- Develop strategy within territory to identify call targets and develop physicians/sources not currently being targeted by UCB.
- Develop an extensive understanding of the customer's business / organization and patient population in order to assess their needs and develop plans and programs to meet both the needs of the customer and of UCB Immunology BU.
- Meet with target customers on a routine basis and using RC approved materials determine strategy to employ to best meet customer needs and the needs of UCB.
- Demonstrate skills & ability to coordinate and navigate a complex system of reimbursement, supply and distribution issues and obstacles.
- Conduct an assertive selling approach with customers combining individualized selling methods with approved marketing tools.
- Adhere to full and complete compliance of all selling activities within assigned territory to the standards of all State and Federal regulations.
- Develop individualized presentations using a consultative matrix selling approach. This is a highly technical, solution-oriented selling technique enabling the representative to meet the needs of health care professionals who treat inflammatory disorders.
- Utilize designated sales reporting tool to identify highest potential customer targets and facilitate Company's evaluation of effort and impact.
- Independently identify territory needs for educational programs for health care professionals and, at own discretion, conduct promotional speaker programs and other educational venues in territory to maximize sales.
- Manage a territory marketing and promotional speaker program budget.
- Co-ordinate and manage formulary approval process at designated accounts.
- Work in a matrix environment encompassing Medical Affairs and Medical Information, Reimbursement managers, Managed Markets account executives, Marketing and Distribution managers, etc.
- Consistently take prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Establish strong business relationships with key local, regional and national thought leaders within the geographical coverage area and assigned therapeutic areas.
- Participate in conventions, meetings, and support groups relating to therapeutic area.
- Travel within the assigned territory on a routine basis; some overnight travel may be required to see on a routine basis all target customers.
- Utilize available resources in Medical Affairs, Managed Markets and Home Office to implement strategies.
- Participate in sales and marketing strategy meeting on district, regional and national level to contribute ideas and concepts to assist Company with development of brand strategies.
- Develop talent in territory by coaching other reps on sales approaches as requested.
- Complete rotations in Home Office as requested to increase business acumen and market knowledge.
UCB, headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, is a global biopharma company with a team of more than 8,000 talented employees, a strong market presence in about 40 countries, € 3.2 billion in revenue (2011) and numerous strategic partnerships across the industry.
- 4 years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Bachelor's degree in life science, business, or healthcare is required.
- 2 years of injectable biologics/oncology sales, marketing or market research preferred
- Must have received performance ratings of meets expectations or better on two most recent performance reviews.
- Must also have demonstrated ability to analyze complex technical data and to develop strategic and actionable business plans
- Demonstrated ability to deliver sales results
- Ability to work autonomously using discretion and independent judgment where necessary and appropriate
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal; clearly conveying information and ideas in a manner that engages audience and helps them understand and retain message
- Advanced computer skills - MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Thorough knowledge of negotiation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills and flexibility to meet customer demands
- Effective presentation skills minimally on a one-to-one and small group (10 -15) basis
- Achieved a minimum of "meets expectations" on two most recent performance appraisals
- Demonstrates impact and influence on others by creating a professional and polished image of self and UCB
- Must own or have access to a PC, along with DSL or higher, in order to access complete training on UCB University.
- Must live in the territory to be considered for this position
UCB is an equal opportunity employer - we value and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Yes, 75 % of the Time
UCB, Brussels, Belgium ( www.ucb.com) is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines...