- Oversee electrical and mechanical contractor work and operations.
- Perform power distribution, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC start up operations.
- Assist with start-up tests.
- Establish and employ Power plant and Mechanical plant Rounds, Readings, and Log Functions.
- Perform maintenance on air handling units and chilled water distribution systems.
- Document and report all problems.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Candidates must have experience with the following: Static Switch Gear Operation / High voltage transfer / Russell Electric equipment / Carrier Screw and centrifugal chillers / UPS Systems / Diesel Generator operation - 750-3000 kW / DC Power distribution / Pre-action Fire systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows 98 / Outlook / Word / Excel and a BMS system such as Automated Logic Controls or Metasys.
- Ability to read and analyze Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing blue print.
- Ability to perform all of the standard high-rise building / data center engineering tasks.
- Working knowledge of computer controlled HVAC & Power systems - Automated Logic Controls.
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- All around mechanic and a heavy Electrical and Mechanical background.
- Experience w/ Data Center operations working with generators, UPS systems, PDUs, chillers, air handlers, and fire alarm systems is a plus
- Must have excellent customer service skills, and be willing to have a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to lift 60-75 lbs.
- Must be able to successfully complete company background check as well as U.S. Government and/or other specific background screenings as required per assignment.
**Equinix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
BirdDog FasTrack - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard