Signature Performance believes employees make the difference between a good company and a great company. As a leader in the healthcare revenue cycle industry, we have a potential career opportunity available as an AHIMA-approved ICD-10 Trainer as independent contractors for a temporary/short term assignment. This employment opportunity is in support of current and future opportunities in both the commercial and government sector.
As an ICD-10 trainer, you will be assigned to a training team to deliver ICD-10 coding and documentation training to physicians/providers and medical record coders at designated medical healthcare establishments within the United States. This position requires a strong team player who will work collaboratively with other trainers to design evaluation instruments to measure accomplishment of objectives and/or competencies. This position will work within tight deadlines, may work independently, or supervise one or more staff.
- Deliver curricula and prepare all necessary evaluation materials to successfully conduct ICD-10 CM/PCS training
- Assess and evaluate training needs of customers
- Instructs providers and coders on the proper use and applications of ICD-10-CM/PCS to include the required level of specificity for clinical documentation to meet ICD-10 implementation
- Modify training program as need to obtain desired results
- May conduct audit of coding and documentation to ensure accomplishment of training objectives
- Interaction with client, physicians, and coders to include providing feedback on audits, trends or issues
We offer competitive salary and benefits. If you have what it takes to be part of a high-performing team, apply online today!
- Must have a high school diploma. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management Systems or related field preferred
- Qualified applicants are required to have a minimum of five years’ work experience with coding or coding auditing, using ICD-9, CPT-4 and HCPCS coding systems
- Candidates must be credentialed by AHIMA and or AAPC : CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCS-P, CPMA, RHIT and or RHIA
- Must also be AHIMA ICD-10 Trainer , preferably as an Ambassador or be an AAPC designated ICD-10 Instructor
- Demonstrated experience in DoD medical systems Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) and with DoD coding guidelines is desired
- Must meet the eligibility requirements for a US government issued security clearance
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Must be willing to travel extensively
Equal Opportunity/AA Employer
Signature Performance - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard