AXIOM Systems, Inc. is the premier healthcare IT and business solutions provider specializing in support for the system integration, implementation, enterprise reporting, HIPAA and EDI needs of healthcare organizations. AXIOM is unique in its ability to develop and implement practical, effective solutions based on its deep knowledge of the healthcare industry.
To support its clients AXIOM is looking to fill an ICD10-CM/PCS Medical Coder position .
If you have coding experience with a health insurance company, insurance carrier, third-party administrator, health plan sponsor , or any other form of payer, please submit your resume for immediate consideration. E xperience working directly with/for HEALTH PLANS, HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES , or PAYER organizations is a MUST.
Relocation is not required, though weekly travel is.
Travel: Must be onsite every week Mon – Thurs. AXIOM will cover your travel expenses.
Duration: 6-9 months with possible extension
Start Date : early to mid January
Provide expertise in maintenance of rules, policies, procedures and educational processes focused on ensuring organizational compliance with industry standard coding practices for ICD-10CM/PCS. Interpret and apply National Uniform Billing Compliance rules, guidelines, laws and industry trends to support accurate system configuration, and education geared to ICD-10-CM/PCS implementation and the changes involved.
1. Correlates appropriate actions including but not limited to education, policy and coverage guidelines for changes to rulings for ICD-10-CM/PCS.
2. Coordinates findings and actions with Health Plan Medical Directors, and other appropriate staff when appropriate giving information pertaining to ICD-10-CM/PCS coding and changes.
3. Evaluates ICD coding references to insure compliance with new ICD-10 coding rules and regulations.
4. Creates and maintains code sets used for configuration in code editing pertaining to ICD-10-CM/PCS.
5. Interfaces with operational department management on industry standards and National Uniform Billing Compliance rulings and provide education when necessary concerning diagnosis coding changes for ICD-10-CM/PCS.
6. Assists staff on processes related to medical code assignments, national coding initiatives, industry standards for Coding Guidelines for ICD-10-CM/PCS implementation.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Years and Type of Experience
- Coding experience in a payer / health insurance / Medicaid is a requirement: (ie: working dire ctly with/for HEALTH PLANS, HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES , or PAYER organizations is a MUST.)
- Minimum of 6 years coding (ICD-9, CPT-4, HCPCS, DRG) experience with a minimum of 2 years experience in claims, clinical or managed care environment.
- Previous experience providing training and education for ICD-10-CM/PCS coding.
- Certification not required, but would be a huge plus.
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Office skills.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology, body systems/anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and summarize contracts, regulations, policies and procedures, reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to questions/concerns from internal/external customers and regulatory agencies and present company position in understandable and unambiguous manner relative to ICD-10.
- Prior claims processing system knowledge preferred.
- Ability to apply creative/breakthrough methodologies and thinking to the tasks
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
articulate, persuasive & influential; systematic and timely
Axiom Systems - 15 months ago
AXIOM Systems was founded in 1996 with the idea that a dedicated group of Healthcare technology professionals could thrive by providing...