Duration: 13 mos
The Business Analyst is responsible for eliciting the business needs of the customer to help determine solutions to complex business problems.
The Business Analyst is responsible for requirements development and requirements management in accordance to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. The Business Analyst will act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams. This particular role will focus on the Merchandising/Pricing line of business.
The Business Analyst must have the ability to plan and execute strategic initiatives to take complex projects from vision to reality. The Business Analyst has in-depth knowledge of a line of business and/or is experienced in the industry best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work predominantly with the Merchandising/Pricing line of businesses to elicit, analyze and document complex business requirements.
o Collaborate with the appropriate teams to build the business case/ project justification (including cost benefit analysis and feasibility studies) and identify risks associated with each requirement.
o Lead the appropriate teams to elicit and manage business requirements.
o Assist in troubleshooting post implementation issues for large/complex projects.
o Assist in project user acceptance test, including reporting and documenting defects, and conducting complex root cause analysis.
o Facilitate the discussion that leads to the build versus buy decision.
o Assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates. Mentor team members in business analysis principles, patterns, processes and practices.
o Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
• Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one\\\'s intentions and those of the organization.
• Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
• Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one\\\'s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
• Inclusion – Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
• Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
• Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
• Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
• Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position or comparable business unit experience.
• 5 or more years experience in business analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to all levels within the organization.
• Experience in multiple business areas
• Passing score on a selected entry test for new hires. (Test selected based on project requirements.)
Desired Previous Job Experience
• Prior experience as Senior Programmer/Analyst or comparable experience.
• Six Sigma, IIBA Certification a plus
Potential Career Path from this position:
• Management positions throughout the enterprise
• Project Management
• Applications Analyst
• Customer Relationship Manager
• Quality Engineer
Professional Data Dimensions - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard