Duration: 6-12 mos The person will be responsible for capturing requirements, writing program specifications, construction/updating COBOL programs for the purging of Enterprise data. Duties include Identifying problematic areas and conduct research to determine best course of action to correct the data. Must be able to collaborate with others to help interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings. Individual should be able to present complex information in an understandable manner. Essential Job Functions: |
• Develop programming specifications as needed.
• Analyze, code, unit, system, integration and regression test a variety of application programs in Batch (MVS) & Online (CICS) environments using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
• Assist with Developing test scripts for system and integration testing.
• Provide status reporting to team lead and manager on regular basis. Requirements: The ideal candidates should possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position.
• 4 – 6 years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
• COBOL, SQL, DB2, TSO, MVS JCL, CICS, IMS
• 4 - 6 years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies with medium size or medium level complexity projects.
• VERY STRONG communication skills – must be able to interpret and explain data
• VERY STRONG ANALYTICAL SKILLS. Must be able to come in and “own the process”.
• Ability to interact well in a team environment and take on technical leadership.
• Strong organization, problem-solving and decision making skills. Desired Skills:
• Sterling Software Connect: Direct and MQ-Series
Professional Data Dimensions - 18 months ago