Title: Inbound Sales and Care Representative – Work at Home
A great career awaits you at CenturyLink!
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink's customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country's largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com .
The Sales & Care Representatives are an integral part of our team as they are the front line voice to our customers. In this role you will be responsible for fielding inbound calls from potential and existing customers and selling our products and services.
Please PREVIEW the job by watching the "Day in the Life of a CSR" video: http://www.centurylink.com/Pages/AboutUs/CompanyInformation/Careers/callCenterCareersVideo.jsp
Sales and Care Representatives will be hired as temporary, full-time employees and may transition to regular, full-time positions depending on attendance, performance and position availability. During the temporary period employees are not eligible for CenturyLink benefits. If a temporary Sales and Care Representative transitions to a regular, full-time position, benefits will be available according to company policy.
Training for these positions will begin on March 4, 2012 (tentative) . Training is approximately 13 weeks, hours during training are 10am – 7pm EDT, Monday-Friday. This training is mandatory and requires 100% attendance.
After training you are assigned 8-10 hour shifts within hour hours of operation. Hours of operation are 8am-7pm EDT Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturday. After training the 9am-5pm Saturday shift is mandatory!
Responsible for fielding inbound calls from potential and existing customers and selling CenturyLink products and services on every call
Performing credit reviews, establishing accounts in the billing system, and providing customer service and solutions to problems
In addition to a base pay of $10.50/hour , Sales & Care Representatives are assigned monthly sales quotas and must maintain customer service quality expectations to attain additional targeted sales incentive , which is approximately $9,900 yearly for meeting 100% of the goal! Including the sales incentives, our employees are earning on average over $16.00 per hour!*
- Based on Work at Home Inbound YTD 2012 results and individual success.
Ability to meet and exceed monthly sales quotas
Terrific oral and written communications skills
Strong customer focus
Excellent punctuality and work attendance history
Proficient in multi-tasking within several computer applications and databases
Able to handle a high volume of phone calls in a structured environment
Must be flexible to work various shifts, including Saturdays, evenings, and holidays as necessary
Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
As a Work at Home employee, you are responsible for obtaining your own computer system and home office, consistent with the requirements described below:
- Prior sales experience in a customer-facing environment
- Experience in an inbound or outbound call center
- Work experience that reflects stability
o It is not a requirement that you order a separate telephone line from your home service, but recommended, as the line will be in use during your working period.
- Must have a dedicated work place in your home or work location (free of background noise and distractions).
- Must have CenturyLink telephone service.
o Unlimited Long Distance (UNLD) – during training.
o Privacy ID and Call Waiting must be disabled.
Due to systems requirements, CenturyLink Work at Home employees must reside within CenturyLink phone service and HSI territory.
- Must have CenturyLink High Speed Internet Service, minimum speed (1.5 mbps). No cable or satellite Internet service is allowed.
- PC with licensed, updateable version of Windows XP (Svc Pk 3 or higher), Windows 7 or Windows 8 ONLY (NO beta or MAC software); 2.0 GHz dual core processor (minimum); 4.0 GB RAM (minimum); Sound Card with Speakers; Hard Drive with 20-30GB available free space; Microsoft Office OR Open Office
- Internet Exploreer 6 or higher (FIREFOX, CHROME, SAFARI NOT CURRENTLY ALLOWED)
- Latest commercially available virus/spyware software with valid subscription for updates (Non-Trial Version Only).
- PC must be physically connected to modem/router using Ethernet cable (i.e. computer cannot be run on a wireless connection.
- Paper shredder, USB Webcam, CD/DVD reader.
- A headset, phone and possibly an amplifier will be provided after New Hire Training. It is suggested that you have a telephone with speaker phone and mute features for New Hire Training.
Be an integral part of the action and grow with us as we lead the communications industry into the future. Take command of your career: submit your interest today!
To be considered for this position, all candidates are required to complete an online assessment (administered immediately post application and may take up to approx. 60 min). The assessment MUST be taken within 5 days of application.
Job Requirements Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
CenturyLink - 18 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...