Charter College |
, a fast growing career college in Long Beach , is currently seeking talented, enthusiastic full time and part time instructors to teach our Accounting classes. Our Faculty has the commitment and drive to help students achieve their dreams. Do you belong on our team?
It is the philosophy of Charter College to provide a unique educational path for students that will lead to successful job performance and job satisfaction in health care, business, and legal industries.
An association of caring and concerned administration; qualified, experienced and certified instructors; the College directs students not only to the highest level of academic achievement and performance but also to the nourishment of personal and professional growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Charter College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- Teach ACC100 Accounting Essentials & ACC120 Automated Accounting
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the President.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention.
- Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment.
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
Special Note : Immediately following the submission of your application you will be asked to take an assessment. This assessment helps us match your talents and attributes to our positions. Keep in mind if you choose to not participate in the assessment you will not be considered for the position. If you are applying for multiple positions, please be aware that you only need to complete the assessment once.
- Master's with a major in Accounting OR
- BA in another field AND a minimum of two (2) years experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
**Please save the below link so that you can refer back to the assessment link and instructions:
Charter College - 13 months ago