DENTAL ASSISTANT |
Charter College , an established and growing career college with locations in Washington, Alaska, and Southern California is now opening a new campus in Lynnwood, WA and we are currently seeking talented, enthusiastic, and experienced part/full time Dental Assistant instructors to teach in a blended course environment.
The blended course environment enables instructors to offer students a greater range of learning avenues. It blends face-to-face interaction such as in-class discussions, active group work, live lectures, and lab work with web-based technologies such as discussion boards, open forums and utilizing a learning management system. This allows us to offer a more active learning and flexible scheduling for the students, while maintaining the value of a face to face learning environment.
Our Faculty has the commitment and drive to help students achieve their dreams. Do you belong on our team?
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the President.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention.
- Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment.
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
***UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL NEED TO BE PROVIDED DURING THE TIME OF INTERVIEW***
- Current Registered Dental Certification (RDA)
- Minimum of three (3) years field experience
- Preference will go to those who are experienced career education instructors
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
***OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF HIRE***
Charter College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Special Note : Immediately following the submission of your application you will be asked to take an assessment. This assessment helps us match your talents and attributes to our positions. Keep in mind if you choose to not participate in the assessment you will not be considered for the position. If you are applying for multiple positions, please be aware that you only need to complete the assessment once.
**Please save the below link so that you can refer back to the assessment link and instructions:
Charter College - 18 months ago
Fortunately for some, you don't need an official charter to make your way to the fast track. Through an accelerated semester schedule,...