See below. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Completes accurate billing to all third party insurance carriers.
2. Completes review of third party trial balance reports within the current month.
3. Researches and initiates refunds to patients or insurance carries as needed.
4. Sends inquiries to patients regarding inaccurate or incomplete information.
5. Completes charge adjustments and allowances entries on accounts as needed.
6. Recodes accounts by insurance carrier and plan number and enters into the HIS for re-billing purposes.
7. Processes rejections on third party accounts.
8. Reviews mail correspondence and responds accordingly.
9. Reviews on-line billing edits for errors, corrections or missing information. Enter necessary corrections into HIS.
10. Assists with telephone calls as needed.
11. Completes rebilling process for late charges on a daily basis.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
? High School Graduate required. Clerical Experience.
? H ospital experience preferred.
? Ability to use basic office equipment and knowledge of CTR computer terminals a plus.
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...