Michael's House, part of Foundations Recovery Network, is a residential treatment center that provides integrated treatment to persons with addiction and/or mental health conditions. Through the use of the Foundations Treatment Model, our staff addresses the complex needs of individuals who are struggling against co-occurring disorders.
Initiates and completes the referral and intake process, determines appropriate level of care and maintains follow-up communication with referral sources, families, patients and program staff to maintain a quality intake.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses perspective patients for treatment, identifying psychosocial, mental health and medical issues.
- Responsible for introducing new patients to Therapeutic Community.
- Documents all intake information into the TIER program.
- Ensures intake paperwork is complete and accurate. Creates intake files. Files intake-related documents.
- Acts as role model by following program and treatment norms, demonstrating honesty and a willingness to listen to patients issues and taking responsibility for own actions.
- Works collaboratively with the Call Center staff, Utilization Review staff, Nursing Staff and Residential Counselors.
- Assures information is communicated effectively internally as well as externally to patients, families and referral sources.
- Attends staff meetings as indicated and treatment team meetings when necessary to monitor results.
- Responsible for the accurate collection of patient co-pays, deductibles and all other out-of-pocket, cash collections (i.e. full self-pay payment plans), at the time of admission when the Business Office Manager is unavailable.
- Administers Breathalyzer and Urinalysis Screening upon intake; document accurate results.
- Performs all other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to inspire client confidence in the FRN Staff and the FRN Model of Treatment
- Ability to consistently demonstrate through conduct and communications the stability required to effectively assist patients and their family members through the FRN Model of Treatment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills. Position continually requires demonstrated professionalism, tact and diplomacy
- Exercise good judgment and successfully handle ambiguity
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Proficiency in MS Access (or other database program) is preferred
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources
- Knowledge of addiction, addictive process and recovery
- Knowledge of group process, group facilitation, and conflict resolution
- A current, valid drivers license is required
- Class B license is required within 60 days of hire date
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in psychology, social work, or related field required; Masters degree preferred
- Addictions Counselor licensure or related certification preferred
- Continuing education will be required
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Sits, stands, lifts and moves intermittently during work hours
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 60 pounds
- Position requires some work on the computer requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity
CareerBuilder - 15 months ago