The Accounting intern will directly support the Accounting department in their daily responsibilities and duties of Allegiant Travel Company
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Process payables or receivables in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles using data entry.
- Work with all areas of the organization to ensure proper coding and handling of invoices.
- Ensure proper documentation and verify approval/authorization limits.
- Match and mail accounts payable checks.
- General Ledger posting journal entries and month end close.
- Other duties as assigned.
TERM OF INTERNSHIP :
- Semesters & Terms:
- Fall/Winter: (approximately Sept-Dec)
- Winter/Spring: (approximately Jan-Apr)
- Summer: (approximately May-Aug)
- Exact dates to be determined
- Interns may work between 15 and 29 hours per week depending on class schedule and credits received
- Interns, their spouse, parents, domestic partner, or travel companion & any eligible unmarried dependent children under the age of 21, of the intern will receive unlimited, space available, individual flight privileges on Allegiant Air (all fees waived) for the term of the internship
- No medical or similar benefits are provided
INTERACTIONS : Department Head; Office Staff; Outside Staff
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill essential
- Sound problem solving and structured yet unconstrained thinking capability valuable
- Must pass a five (5) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university, with preference given to candidates that will have completed at least two (2) years of university-level coursework. Relevant coursework includes: accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, etc.
- Ability to create spreadsheet models and produce relevant outputs is extremely advantageous
- Interest/experience in accounting, business, and/or finance advantageous
- Basic computer skills
- Microsoft Excel (or significant computer programming) proficiency strongly desired
WORK ENVIRONMENT : Office environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT :
Allegiant Travel Company commits to making a reasonable accommodation to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct of its business. In determining the extent of its obligation, Allegiant Travel Company will consider business necessity and financial costs and expenses, among other factors.
Allegiant Travel Company - 21 months ago