INTERN - DUV Optical Engineering
Technical support intern for Cymer’s DUV Core Modules Engineering in the Optics Functional Group.
Operate a laser, and create/use data acquisition systems and data analysis techniques to develop an understanding of optics and signal processing.
Develop methods to acquire and analyze optical test data generated in Manufacturing and design-engineering test, and reported by lasers in the Field. Perform technical analysis of optics module designs and functionality. Assist and drive Change Management activities in support of product development.
Contribution to Cymer:
Support and advance design activities of Core Modules team members to improve laser/module performance and reliability.
Benefit/Experience for Intern:
1. Understand the principles of operation of a high-power, production laser system
2. Develop basic skills in optical setup, data acquisition, data analysis, and programming
3. Develop technical writing skills
4. Develop knowledge of Change Management principles and practice.
Intern Qualifications/Experience Desired:
We are searching for an advanced undergraduate or Masters student actively working towards their degree within physics, optical engineering, or related field with a current GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Knowledge of optics, electronics, and signal processing a plus.
- Prefer basic understanding and skill in Labview, Matlab, and Microsoft Office.
- Previous corporate internship projects a plus.