Responsible for the administration of absence/leave management at an assigned property/business unit.
Analyzes medical certifications to ensure the medical condition meets the criteria under the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.
Engages in the interactive process with the employee and their medical care physician for incomplete forms.
Analyzes patterns and trends of medical certifications.
Verifies the accuracy of the medical information.
Works closely with management to standardize an efficient process which can be rolled out as part of the expansions of the absence management role within HR Shared Services.
Maintains a close professional relationship with the property HR team, managers and employees to expedite the request for leave, the approvals and on-going administration of all leave requests.
Creates and implements standard records, time lines and tracking mechanisms relative to absence management.
Ensures proper metrics are established to measure all absence and leave activity.
Focuses on continuous improvement efforts in order to identify efficiencies and continue to streamline processes.
Performs other administrative/transactional duties as part of the HR Shared Services expansion.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of experience analyzing medical certifications to ensure the medical condition meets the criteria under the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.
- Possess practical work experience equivalent to at least 5 years in a Human Resources and/or related field.
- Have experience working under the applicable employment and other regulations governing Human Resources policies, procedures and practices.
- In-depth, Generalist understanding of HR practices and the business acumen to successfully coordinate all absence management processes at an assigned property(s).
- Position requires strong problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Possess strong communication skills to build sustainable working relationships throughout the organization.
- Possess a proactive relationship style to deal with all issues that may be sensitive in nature.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment; maintain physical stamina and a proper mental attitude to deal effectively with management, employees and outside contacts.
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines, withstand prolonged standing or walking, manual dexterity and mobility to use computer, access all business entities and attend to company business within Las Vegas.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- General experience in Employee Relations and/or benefits with knowledge of absence/leave administration.
- Strong practical experience and knowledge of Human Resources operations in hospitality and/or service industry.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 13 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...