Jump start your career with an internship at Cumberland Gulf!
The strategic combination of Cumberland Farms, Inc. and Gulf Oil Limited Partnership - also known as The Cumberland Gulf Group - is a private, family owned company with a corporate facility conveniently located in Framingham, MA. Cumberland Farms is a well-established convenience retailer. Gulf is a wholesale petroleum and energy supplier, and entered into the retail electricity market in January 2012 with Gulf Electricity. Cumberland Farms has been opening its new concept stores throughout the Northeast since 2009. Last year, The Cumberland Gulf Group ranked in the Top 50 of the Forbes Top 500 Private Companies.
We are currently seeking promising undergraduate talent to join our Environmental Affairs department as an Intern in Framingham, MA. The Environmental Intern will assist the six (6) environmental project managers (PMs), the Senior Manager of Environmental Operations and the Vice President of Environmental Affairs with initiatives designed to improve the operation of the Environmental Affairs Department.
Assignments may include the following:
1) Assist with Vice President of Environmental Affairs with various department initiatives as the need arises.
2) Compile information requested by Environmental Insurance carriers and generate submittals to insurance carriers working with PMs Coordinator and PMs.
3) Facilitate completion of monitoring well abandonment at multiple facilities located in New England, including coordination of contractors and communication with facilities.
4) Create environmental remediation equipment tracker that includes all equipment in storage and that being actively used at Cumberland Farms sites.
5) Participate in the management of a construction job (with PM oversight). In addition, it is intended that the intern will obtain some field experience including conducting site visits to observe a UST removal and a drilling event.
6) File Surf documents as requested by PMs and Compliance Department and conduct audit of environmental consultant postings.
7) Any additional tasks determined by environmental project managers.
The Cumberland Gulf Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Company will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
- Earth Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental or Engineering major; course work in Air Pollution Control and Hazardous Materials Remediation Systems Design a plus
- Analytical and technical aptitudes/skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Access database experience
- 2-3 years of school work already complete (entering Junior or Senior year of undergraduate studies in Fall 2013)
The goal of Cumberland Farms and Gulf Oil is to provide a workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment. We believe in promoting fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, or basis protected by statue.
Cumberland Farms - 21 months ago
Did you know that…
There really was a Cumberland Farms. Vasilios and Aphrodite Haseotes bought it in Cumberland, Rhode Island in...