Responsible for the administration of absence/leave management at an assigned property/business unit.
Works closely with management to standardize an efficient process which can be rolled out as part of the expansions of the absence management role within HR Shared Services.
Maintains a close professional relationship with the property HR team, managers and employees to expedite the request for leave, the approvals and on-going administration of all leave requests.
Creates and implements standard records, time lines and tracking mechanisms relative to absence management.
Ensures proper metrics are established to measure all absence and leave activity.
Focuses on continuous improvement efforts in order to identify efficiencies and continue to streamline processes
Performs other administrative/transactional duties as part of the HR Shared Services expansion.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years practical work experience in Human Resources and/or related field.
- In-depth Generalist understanding of HR practices and the business acumen to successfully coordinate all absence management processes at an assigned property(s).
- Experience working under the applicable employment and other regulations governing Human Resources policies, procedures and practices.
- Possess a proactive relationship style to deal with all issues that may be sensitive in nature.
- Strong problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Strong practical experience and knowledge of Human Resources operations in hospitality and/or service industry.
- General experience in Employee Relations and/or benefits with knowledge of absence/leave administration
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 19 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...