With a full staff of artisans, designers, planners, entertainers and logistics personnel, we assemble many elements for amazing events. Much like 19
century Impressionist painters who applied color to canvas with small, seemingly unrelated dashes of paint, we bring it all together in a way that, once one sees the whole picture, reveals a complete masterwork.
Through our dual perspectives of efficiency and imagination, we create events of every size and scale. After all, it’s not a matter of doing it bigger. It’s a matter of doing it better.
MGM Resorts Events is extremely pleased to be the recipient of many international event design awards. Some of our proudest moments include garnering a multitude of exclusive Gala Awards from Special Events Magazine, Spotlight Awards from Event Solutions Magazine, as well as many of the coveted Westie Awards from International Special Events Society.
MGM Resorts Events is seeking an individual that may have a background and relevant experience in any of these areas:
- Event Design
- Custom Fabrication
- Furniture and Drapery
- Graphic Design and Large Format Printing
- 3D, Photoshop, Illustrator or Renderings Experience
- Poster/Signage, Wall Art, CAD
- Foam Board/Painting
- Current Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student preparing to enter their junior/senior year.
- Be at least 21 years or older by the time the program begins.
- Obtain school credit for participation in the Hospitality Internship Program.
- Minimum1 year of cumulative work and/or internship experience.
- Participate in the full-length of the Hospitality Internship Program of 10 weeks.
- Currently hold and maintain an overall cumulative GPA of at least 2.8 or higher on a United States 4.0 Scale.
- Ability to submit University-issued transcripts, audition tapes/essays, upon request.
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Participate in courses recommended by MGM Resorts University.
- Provide own housing and transportation to and from work.
- Must possess intermediate knowledge of the following computer software programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to deliver exceptional guest service and work independently.
- Possess effective decision-making and listening abilities with strong judgment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to function reasonably under time constraints and within established deadlines.
- Possess attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, and establish and maintain an effective professional working relationship with employees.
- Prolonged walking, standing and bending, manual dexterity to access the computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, work indoors, with occasional cold or warm temperatures, being exposed to such environmental conditions as CRT fatigue.
- Ability to remain seated before a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to MGM Resorts International standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1+ years of volunteer or active student organization leadership experience.
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher on a United States 4.0 scale.
- Previous work experience in consumer products, hospitality, advertising, marketing/and or brand management preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical ability with strong communication skills.
- Project orientation and ability to handle simultaneous functions.
- Proven effectiveness working in a demanding, entrepreneurial environment.
- Foreign language skills.
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, self-motivated.
MGM Resorts International - 2 years ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...