Under general supervision, provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all Agency computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by step solutions in a call center environment; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; assist Network Technicians; trouble shoot network printer problems; pass more complex end-user problems on to Network Technicians; conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required.
The Help Desk Technician fields all Help Desk requests from Agency users and creates the initial record of the request; resolves all Level One end-user problems on site, passes all Level Two requests on to a Network Administrator & IT Director.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone or electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Log all help desk interactions
- Administer help desk software
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Perform software license and asset inventory
Education & Skills:
Formal training, indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent: help desk or customer support in computer related field preferred.
- Proficiency in use and administration of MAC OS, Windows Server or Windows 7, and MS Office required
- Experience with networking, clinical operation skills, or previously related medical/clinical/EMR knowledge is desired, but not required
- CompTIA certification preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Detailed and organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work under stress & deadlines