Posting Title |
INTERN- Finance Strategic Sourcing
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
Why work for our Division
Finance is a global organization that’s dedicated to the short- and long-term growth and success of VMware – and to using analytical tools and collaboration to build connections internally and externally. It’s a fast-paced environment, with lots to learn. We’re looking for people with strong critical thinking skills, who want to work collaboratively, serve our customers and make good choices. Uncompromising ethics and integrity are hallmarks of our organization. We’re a diverse group, covering the areas of corporate finance, FP&A, pricing, mergers and acquisition integration, revenue, investor relations, treasury, license compliance, tax, internal audit and the many corporate accounting functions. Come, join our team of motivated professionals, and grow with VMware.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Intern with a desire to be challenged to join our team. The Intern’s primary project for this engagement will include:
- Create and develop automation processes for Strategic Sourcing Category Management (i.e., IT, Technology Licensing, HR/Finance/Legal, Sales & Marketing, REW)
- Research existing processes
- Perform external benchmarking
- Develop and implement processes
- Deliver on project through documentation and training
In general we look for:
1st year Full time student pursuing an MBA or Masters in Supply Chain Management
2. General knowledge of indirect Purchasing environment an advantage
3. Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office.
4. Experience using Purchasing software packages, for example Oracle or SAP, an advantage.
5. Strong communication and Business analysis skills are required.
Palo Alto, CA, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware - 23 months ago
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in...