Line of Business: Audit Group - Accounting & Reporting/ FInancial
Job Category: Professionals
1. Possess appropriate professional certification or be a certification
candidate (CPA or CIA)
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related field or equivalent
education and related experience
2. Two years of banking, auditing or other relevant experience related to area
3. Understanding of risk management and process concepts
4. Demonstrates an understanding of banking and auditing
5. Good decision-making skills
6. Good interpersonal and communication skills
7. Good working knowledge of standard software applications such as MS Office
8. Good aptitude for learning analytical, audit and/or facilitation skills
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Serve as auditor-in-charge by:
a. assuming responsibility for audit project management.
b. planning, scoping and developing the audit test plan.
c. organizing and using resources effectively to complete assignments within
d. documenting processes using narratives, flowcharts and process maps.
e. analyzing process documentation to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency.
f. making appropriate recommendations and reporting the results of audits.
g. addressing material issues with senior management.
2. Serve as advisor to management by:
a. developing an understanding of the business strategies of BB&T, each line
of business and the specific area or process under review.
b. gaining knowledge of the organization, operations, policies and procedures
(including banking laws and regulations) under which BB&T operates.
c. conferring with management on the establishment of internal controls,
monitoring techniques and risk management.
d. advocating incorporation of risk management in the implementation of new
systems, processes and changes to existing systems and procedures.
3. Provide support to external auditors and bank examiners as assigned.
Responsible for more involved assignments and for ensuring prompt and efficient
completion of their examination.
4. Continue developing internal audit skills. Pursue continuing education and
professional certification. Keep abreast of current trends, new developments and
best practices in the audit profession. Monitor current trends and new
technologies as they apply. Assist in the training and cross training of junior
team members to ensure adequate audit coverage.
5. Consistently deliver the perfect client experience.
BB&T Human Systems - 11 months ago
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...